Amazon Fire HD 10 Kids Edition comes with a promising Parental Control Feature. We will discuss today, how you are going to set up parental control feature after Unboxing. Let’s Start with unboxing first.
Amazon Fire HD 10 Kids Edition – Unboxing and Parental Control Feature
What’s Inside the box
- Fire HD 10 Tablet
- 9 watt charging brick
- USB type-C cable
- Instruction manual
As soon as you unbox, you will get this particular device with the preferred color you ordered. Usually a pink one, a purple one and a black one is available in the market. The product also comes with two-year worry-free warranty. This means if your kid damages this product, you can return it to Amazon and can get an instant replacement. It also comes with ninth generation Amazon kid proof case which won’t let your kid damage the device anyhow.
Amazon Fire HD 10 – Kids Editions has a display of 10.1-inch HD display and it has a micro-SD card slot supporting up to 512 GB. It has an octa core processor, dual band ac, wi-fi, front and rear cameras as well.
And you will also get with box a stand amazon power adapter, USB charging cable and built-in rechargeable batteries. The charging brick is 9 watt and the power output is 5.2 watts.
And it has also come with the amazing feature called Parental Control Feature. Now we will discuss how we are going to setup this parental control feature.
How to setup Parental Control Feature
Download Amazon Kids app first. It will help you access the contents from Amazon library with kid-friendly Amazon-curated content.
Remember: Your parental controls password is not same as your lock screen password.
- Swipe down twice from the top of the screen to get Quick Settings.
- Tap in the Settings icon.
- Now, Tap on Parental Controls.
- Toggle the switch to On.
- Enter and confirm your new password.
- Tap Finish and Done.
A lock icon will appear at the top of the screen when this feature is enabled.
Now you can create and manage your Amazon Kids profiles and content on Amazon compatible devices or with the Parent Dashboard.
Add, Edit, or Delete Profiles
First, add a child profile to your Amazon Household (Manage Your Household). You can delete or edit the child profile whenever you need after the setup.
- The birth date confirmation in the Child Profile ensures that children will only see content that is appropriate for their age.
- You are gonna need a parental controls pin to manage and exit Amazon Kids.
- If somehow you forget your pin, you can deregister your device from Manage Your Content and Devices page.
Note: You’ll have to reset your Amazon Device to factory defaults to restore full access if:
- You’re unable to deregister your device.
- It’s not connected to Wi-Fi
Managing Contents in Profiles
With Amazon Kids app, your child can only have access to the content you select. You can manage contents and features that are accessible on your child’s device. To manage content and monitor recent activity, use the Parent Dashboard.
You’ll find the contents categorized into various rows for Books, Movies, Videos etc. When browsing through these rows, be sure to click “See All” to view available options.
Managing Features and Device Usage
To keep your child productive, you can set Daily Goals & Time Limits for your kids in Amazon Kids app.
- Weekdays / Weekends – You can choose educational goals and time limits for the weekend or weekday activities.
- Bedtime – Tap in to the Turn off to set the time when Amazon Kids is turned off. Tap again in the Stay off Until to set the time when Amazon Kids can be used again.
- Educational Goals – You can also set time-bound goals for viewing educational contents. If you want to filter out non-educational contents until your child’s goals are met, tap in to the Learn First checkbox.
- Total Screen Time – You can limit the total time your child can spend in Amazon Kids.
- Time by Activity – For specific activities like reading books, you can add time limits too.
to know more about this amazing parental control feature, click here
Learn First: With Learn First feature, you can block access to all time-wasting materials like games and cartoons until educational goals are met. And with the Bedtime feature enabled, you can also control when Amazon Kids shuts down for the day.
Age Filters: The age filters recommend your child contents on Amazon Kids Plus based on their date of birth.
Tip: You can also use the Parent Dashboard to manage content and features, and monitor recent activity.
If you are planning to buy this amazing product and looking for experts opinion, you can check the full review.