QuickBooks not only helps users in managing their finances and tracking profits, but its payroll feature allows users to file taxes, pay employees and manage employee benefits. Sometimes, while sending paychecks, users face QuickBooks Direct Deposit issues. No doubt, the application makes accounting easy for small and medium-sized businesses, but some issues hamper the workflow. The company files in QuickBooks store a lot of information such as account number, address, EIN, and many others. All this information is required to set up direct deposit in QuickBooks. In this article, we will discuss more about direct deposit issues in QuickBooks, so stay connected until the end.
Do you require immediate troubleshooting assistance to resolve QuickBooks Direct Deposit Issues? Connect with the QuickBooks technical support team for help by calling us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784
Reasons why you come across direct deposit issues in QuickBooks?
Following are the major reasons behind direct deposit issues:
- The user is not logged in to QuickBooks as an administrator.
- The direct deposits are not set up correctly for employees and contractors.
- The direct deposit payroll is not activated in QuickBooks.
- The user is not using the latest QuickBooks update.
Now, go through the troubleshooting section and get rid of QuickBooks direct deposit issues.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 6175 0
Effective Troubleshooting Solutions to Eliminate QuickBooks Desktop direct deeposit issues
Solution 1. Download the most recent QuickBooks program release
- Close company files, then the QuickBooks application, and tap the Windows icon key on your keyboard.
- Locate the QuickBooks icon, right-click it, and select the Run as administrator option.
- Go to the No Company Open screen, choose the Help menu and select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Select the Options menu, choose Mark All, and click the Save button.
- Choose the Update Now menu, select to mark the Reset Update checkbox, and click Get Updates to download the update.
- Complete the update process, open QuickBooks, and install the update.
Solution 2. Activate direct deposit payroll in QuickBooks
- Go to the QuickBooks home page, tap the F2 key and then the F3 key on your keyboard to open the Tech Help window.
- Select the Open File tab, double-click to open the qbw.ini file, and locate part of the qbw.ini file that displays: [QBLICENSE] PAYROLL_BUNDLE_STATE=Y.
- Replace Y with N, select File, and then save the file.
- Go back to QuickBooks and then access the WF Invites or PTC again
Solution 3. Connect with your bank account again
Before you connect with the bank, get the following details to set up direct deposit for your company:
- Business name
- Principal officer’s social security number
- Home Address
- Bank credentials or bank routing
- Account numbers
- Open QuickBooks, select My Payroll Service and choose Activate Direct Deposit.
- Click Get Started, go to the Business tab and enter the required information.
- Click Next, fill in the Principal officer information, and again select Next.
- Enter your bank account name, your bank credentials, and then bank routing and account numbers.
- Generate a PIN, confirm it, and then click Submit.
- Choose Next, click Accept and Submit, then confirm the Principal officer’s full society security number if prompted.
- Finally, click Submit.
Solution 4. Verify your bank account
- Sign in to QuickBooks as an administrator, choose Employees and click My Payroll Service.
- Click Activate Direct Deposit, sign in to your Intuit Account, and enter the debit amount.
- Click Verify, enter payroll PIN and select Submit.
Solution 5. Setup and add the direct deposit to your employees
- In QuickBooks, select the Employees menu and click Employee Center.
- Open your employee’s list, select the employee’s name and choose the Payroll Info tab.
- Click the Direct Deposit button and select Use Direct Deposit for [ employee’s name ] option in the Direct Deposit window.
- Choose whether to deposit the paycheck into one or two accounts.
- Fill in the employee’s financial institution information. Enter the amount or percentage that the
- employee wants to deposit in the first account in the Amount to Deposit field.
- If you choose to deposit to two accounts, the remainder goes to the second field.
- Now, click OK to save the information and enter your direct deposit PIN when asked.
If you pay contractors, follow the steps given below to set up your contractor’s direct deposit:
- Go to Vendor Center, double-click the vendor you want to add, and choose the Additional Info tab.
- Click the Direct deposit button, mark the Use Direct Deposit for: [ Vendor Name] box and enter the details.
- Click Send direct confirmation deposit to [ email address ] and enter the direct deposit pin when prompted.
Solution 6. Make use of the Repair Tool to repair QuickBooks
- Click the Windows icon, open the Control Panel and select the Programs and Features.
- Choose QuickBooks from the list of programs, click Uninstall and select Continue.
- Click Repair and then Finish.
Solution 7. Use the Install Diagnostic Tool from the QB Tool Hub
- Foremost, close company files open in QuickBooks and then quit the application.
- Now, download the most recent version of QuickBooks Tool Hub from your web browser. When prompted, save the setup file to an easily accessible location.
- Locate the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file, open it and follow the instructions given on the screen.
- You need to agree to the terms and conditions to successfully install the tool hub.
- After finishing the installation, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub by double-clicking the icon and select the Installation Issues tab.
- Click Install Diagnostic Tool and wait till it resolves installation issues.
This article ends here. We hope the troubleshooting steps given above will help you fix QuickBooks Direct Deposit Issues. If you have any doubts and need more guidance for the same, contact the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784.
You may read also : QuickBooks Download Problem