QuickBooks payroll service makes accounting easy and effortless. To use it efficiently, users need to keep QuickBooks Desktop and payroll up-to-date to use the feature efficiently. At times, while downloading the QuickBooks Desktop and payroll update, users come across QuickBooks update error 15243. When the error takes place, users get an error message, “The update of payroll is not able to complete successfully. The QuickBooks FCS service is damaged.” If you are wondering how to get rid of QuickBooks error message 15243, go through the article to learn the root causes and troubleshooting solutions to fix it.
Wondering how to get rid of QuickBooks update error 15243? We got you. Dial our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 and communicate with the QuickBooks support team for immediate assistance
Reasons behind the appearance of QuickBooks error code 15243
Go through the steps listed below to understand the root causes behind this payroll update error in QuickBooks:
- User has not set Internet Explorer as the default browser.
- User does not have the supported version of QuickBooks.
- Wrong configuration of Internet Explorer.
- QuickBooks is unable to verify the digital signature of downloaded files.
- Using an outdated Internet Explorer.
- Windows Firewall and Antivirus program blocking QuickBooks from installing the update.
- File Copy Service is not enabled on QuickBooks.
- A corrupt or incomplete QuickBooks installation.
- Change in QuickBooks software causing corruption in the Windows registry.
You may read also : QuickBooks error 1723
Most Reliable Solutions to Fix QuickBooks payroll update error 15243
Solution 1. Get new updates of the QuickBooks program
- Close your open company files before you quit the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Tap the Windows key on your keyboard to open the Start menu and search for the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon, choose the Run as administrator option, and wait till you see the No Company Open window.
- There, click the Help menu and choose Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Head to the Options menu, click Mark All, and then the Save button.
- Choose the Update Now tab, click the Reset Update checkbox and then Get Updates.
Solution 2. Add on Intuit’s URL as a Trusted Website
- Double-click the Internet Explorer icon to open it, and then click the Gear icon at the top.
- Choose Internet Options, click the Security tab and select the Trusted Sites icon.
- Click the Sites button, move to Add this website to the zone, and enter https://www.intuit.com/.
- Click Add, mark the Require server verification (https:) for all sites in the zone box, and choose Close.
- Lastly, click Apply and then OK.
Solution 3. Install a new digital signature certificate
- Quit QuickBooks Desktop and move to C:\Program Files(x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks, then search for QBW32.exe file.
- Once you find the file, right-click it and choose Properties.
- Go to the Digital Signature tab, select the Intuit Inc. box and click Details.
- Move to the Digital Signature Details window, click View Certificate, and then move to the Certificate window.
- There, click Install Certificate and select Next.
- Click Finish, restart your computer, and open QuickBooks.
- Finally, try to download the update once again.
Solution 4. Disable Firewall and Network Protection Temporary
- Right-click the Windows icon and choose Settings.
- Click Update & Security, move to the left pane, and select the Windows Security tab.
- Click Open Windows Security, go to the Windows Security window, and select Firewall and Network Protection.
- Click Domain, Private, and Public Network, then switch off the Microsoft Defender Firewall with all types of networks.
- Again, try to install the latest QuickBooks update.
Solution 5. Enable File Copy Service (FCS) on QuickBooks
Before you proceed, generate a backup of your company file to save data:
- Select the File menu in QuickBooks and choose Switch to Single-user Mode.
- Once again, click the File menu, choose Backup Company, and select Create Local Backup.
- From the window, click Create Local Backup and then Local Backup from the next window.
- Choose Next, go to the Local Backup Only section and click Browse.
- Choose a location to save your backup company file and click OK when you are ready.
- Click the save it now button and then Next.
Now, perform the steps given below to enable FCS:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows and R keys together to open the Run dialog box.
- When it opens, enter COMPMGMT and select OK.
- Wait till the Computer Management Window opens and then click Services and Applications.
- Click Services, scroll down the list, and find Intuit QuickBooks FCS.
- Double-click Intuit QuickBooks FCS, then click Startup type and select Manual.
- Choose Apply and then OK.
Solution 6. Refresh the connection by validating the payroll service key again
- From the top menu bar in QuickBooks, select Employees and then click My Payroll Service.
- Click Activate Service key, move to the Service keys window, and select the current payroll.
- Click Edit, then Next till you see Finish.
Solution 7. Run Quick Fix my Program from the QB Tool Hub to repair QuickBooks
- Close your open company files and then quit the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Open your web browser and download the most recent version of QuickBooks.
- When prompted, save the file to an easily accessible location and then double-click to open it.
- Perform the instructions given on the screen and then mark the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox to install the QuickBooks Tool Hub successfully.
- When the installation finishes, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub by double-clicking the icon and choose the Program Problems tab.
- Click Quick Fix my Program and wait till it repairs the program.
- When the tool finishes, start QuickBooks and open your company file.
This article has covered the most effective solutions that will help you fix QuickBooks update error 15243. We are hopeful that trying all the solutions will help you eliminate the issue. In case the error continues, contact the certified QuickBooks expert’s team for assistance by calling us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 1327