Benefits and side effects of using Green Tea: Green tea is made from the Camellia sinensis plant, the dried leaves and buds of Camellia sinensis are used to make a variety of teas. Using green tea can prove to be very beneficial to avoid cancer, stomach disorders, treatment of depression and cold flu, etc. Green tea has been given more importance in the medical system than black tea. Let us now know in detail about the Benefits and side effects of using Green Tea.
All about Green Tea:-
Green Tea Types:
There are many types of green tea, green tea is also found in the form of dry leaves and liquid leaves. Green tea is available in a variety of forms like single tea bags, powder form, canned containers, capsules, etc.
Green Tea History:-
According to historians, the Shang Dynasty of China originated tea as a medicine in 1046, the book ‘Tea Classic’ written by Lu Yu is considered important in the history of green tea. Later the Mongols started using it as a beverage.
After the establishment of the East India Company in India, the British started the tea trade in Asia and Europe. After this tea cultivation in Darjeeling gained fame and Indian tea became a famous and popular drink for Asian people, today this drink is enjoyed all over the world. Let us now know about the benefits of consuming green tea in the post of Benefits and side effects of using Green Tea.
Benefits of Green Tea:-
Its benefits are shown based on the following points:
Green Tea Benefits for Hair:
With the use of green tea, hair fall stops as well as their growth is also very fast. Green tea helps hair to grow naturally. Green tea contains polyphenols, vitamin C, 5-alpha reductase, and vitamin E, which are helpful in hair growth and keeping them soft.
The polyphenolic and testosterone substance found in tea plays an important role in preventing hair loss. Due to which these are easy home remedies for long thick hair. Green tea can also be used to keep the head clean and protect the scalp from infection.
How to use green tea to stop hair fall:-
- First of all, wash the hair as usual, then leave the juice of fresh green tea leaves in the hair for 10 minutes. By repeating this process 2 to 3 times a week, there will be no problem with dandruff in the hair.
- Drinking green tea hot or cold mixed with honey can also help in preventing hair fall.
- After keeping three bags of green tea in half a liter of water for 10-15 minutes, remove it, then massage the hair roots with this water, you will get the benefit.
- Mix 2 to 3 spoons of green tea and 1 egg and leave it on the hair for half an hour, then wash it with cold water. By applying this mixture, the hair grows and becomes soft. Separated from this, if you expect, you can similarly use lemon and honey jointly in this mix.
- Apart from this, shampoo, conditioner, and capsules mixed with green tea are also available in the market, using which you can take help to prevent hair fall.
Green Tea Benefits for Skin:-
Antioxidants are high in green tea, due to which it helps in flushing out the toxins present in the body. Due to the clean stomach, the skin looks blemish-free and radiant. There are various types of decorative products accessible in the market including green tea. If you do not want to use cosmetic products, then you can use them at home by making a pack of green tea according to your skin.
Following are the uses of green tea for face packs: –
- First of all, boil green tea leaves in 2 cups of water, then filter it after cooling and mix rice flour in it and apply this pack on the face, applying this pack removes the excess oil present on the skin, which causes dark spots.
- Prepare a scrub by mixing 2 teaspoons of milk cream, 1 teaspoon of sugar in boiled green tea water, leave this pack on the face for 15 minutes, then rub it with light hands and wash it with lukewarm water. There are many benefits of lukewarm water. By applying this pack, the dead cells from the top of the skin are removed and the skin gets a natural glow.
- For sensitive skin, mix 1 teaspoon of curd with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and 2 teaspoons of green tea water and leave this paste on the face for 20 minutes. By applying this pack, the protein, vitamin D, and calcium present in the curd help in reducing the sunburn of the skin darkened in the sun.
- To rejuvenate dry and lifeless skin, you can mix Multani mitti, curd, honey, and ripe banana in 1 to 2 teaspoons of green tea water, mix all these ingredients and apply this pack on the face for 15 minutes to dry. After that, dry the skin with harsh water. With this your skin will be rejuvenated immediately, the skin will come alive as well as new freshness will come in the skin
Green Tea Benefits for Health:
Consumption of green tea has the potential to improve health in many ways, it helps in controlling body temperature.
According to the National Cancer Institute, the presence of polyphenols in green tea can protect against damage caused by ultraviolet rays of UVB radiation. Some studies have shown a positive effect of green tea on the following types of cancers, including breast cancer, bladder, ovarian, bowel, throat, lung, skin, and colon cancer.
Apart from this, the use of green tea can help reduce inflammation, keep teeth healthy, improve arthritis, help to reduce stress, treat various skin diseases, etc.
Green Tea Effects
Following are the special precautions and warnings to avoid the effects of excessive consumption of green tea-
Pregnancy and breast-feeding:
Pregnant or lactating women should not consume more than 2 cups of green tea per day, as the caffeine present in it can increase the risk of miscarriage and birth defects in children.
Excessive consumption of green tea can increase the risk of anemia.
Anxiety or disorder problem:
Caffeine present in green tea can increase the problem of mental anxiety or disorder.
The presence of caffeine can increase the problem of diabetes, heart problems, bleeding, and liver disease.
Green Tea Side Effects:-
Green tea is relatively safe for most adults, but in some people, green tea can cause stomach upset and constipation. It is safe if used in limited quantities but it is unsafe to consume it in large quantities.
The side effects of caffeine can range from mild to severe and cause headaches, nervousness, sleep problems, dizziness, and tremors. A dose of 10 to 14 grams of caffeine in green tea can be fatal.
How to Drink Green Tea?
You can taste it by making green tea in the following way:-
- To make green tea, you can heat 1 teaspoon of green tea leaves. A cup of water at 80 degrees Celsius, then filter it and you can taste the tea. Keep in mind not to boil it too much otherwise, it may taste bitter.
- Heat green powder tea by mixing water. Then adding honey and lemon juice to it, you can enjoy this delicious and nutritious tea.
- To make ginger green tea. First put water and ginger and heat it, then put a small spoon of green tea leaves in it. Turn off the gas and leave the tea covered for a while, after that filter it. You can consume it by doing this.