There are a lot of purposes behind product packaging. For example, it will protect your products, promote your trademark, and also it will connect you with the target audiences. Therefore, whether you design the packaging of the products of your brand for creativity, innovation, functionality, and so on, the choices of product packaging are crucial.
After estimating facts about consumers’ buying decisions, it has been seen that 75% of buyers decide to buy a particular product as per packaging style. Any product packaging style nowadays has been influenced by technological advancement and innovative trends.
In the last few years, it has been seen that every product packaging bag focused more on handcraft design, organic rather than sleek, chic product packaging. In this article, we are going to discuss some of the ways of product packaging in 2022.
Best Five Ways Of Product Packaging In 2022
Here are the lists of the best five ways of product packaging that you should know in 2022.
1) Paperboard Packaging
One of the most common types of product packaging is paperboard packaging. The paperboard packaging has mainly attractive appearances, good protection, and high durability. So products will keep safe while shipping or stored anywhere.
The material of this packaging is lower in cost than other options of packaging. In addition, paperboard boxes provide quite a few layers that help your products from damaging even after placing them in the warehouse.
The elements which are used on this type of packaging are pallets, interlocking cartons, shrink film, and stretch wrap. One of the important benefits of paperboard packaging is it allows you to easily identify products while shipping.
In recent years one of the most popular methods of packaging is shrink wrap packaging. One of the benefits of shrink wrapping is it allows you to identify the products during shipping and storage. In addition, this type of packaging is made from plastic which provides protection to the products.
It also allows customers to see the products while purchasing them from your store. The downside space of shrink wrap is the amount that is equal to the occupied space on the shelf. In addition, shrink wrap packaging is quite more expensive than other methods of packaging because of its material and labor costs.
Therefore if you are planning to shrink wrap your products, then it is important to have good reasons for using this process. Although shrink wrap gives the products a modern and neat look, it can also make the products difficult for customers to access on their shelves.
Keep Reading About : Boxed Packaged Goods: The right Guide To uplift Your Business
3) Plastic Containers
Another popular type of packaging is plastic containers. They provide long durability and good protection to keep the products safe and secure during storage or shipping. You can use plastic containers for packaging of various sizes so it will be beneficial if you want to pack the products according to style or size.
One of the important benefits of plastic containers is it is less expensive. In addition, plastic containers produce in massive numbers; they are transported easily from the warehouse to the store along with the brand name. In this case, you can perfectly brand your trade name and other useful details to market and spread awareness.
Although plastic isn’t able to protect products during storage and shipping in comparison to other materials such as cardboard or metal, it also has the disadvantage that it can damage the environment if it is not properly disposed of.
Apart from that, there are a lot of benefits such as
- The durability of plastic containers is longer than others.
- The plastic containers are lightweight. So you don’t have to worry about handling the products.
- Plastic containers are cost-effective. You don’t have to invest too much expense to pack your products.
- You can get any shaped plastic container as per your preferences.
4) Clamshell Packaging
One of the popular options for packaging is clamshell packaging. They are mainly made from metal or plastic, and they have a lid that can be opened by breaking the top part of the container.
One of the advantages of this packaging is it allows customers to see the inside products before buying them. This is mainly helpful for enterprises when they are packing several sizes of products.
Apart from that, it also prevents you from difficulty when you are using other types of packaging techniques. Another major disadvantage is they are expensive if you only packaged one item.
Therefore you will have to pack many items by applying this method, so it will be at least cost-effective for you. On the other hand, this type of packaging is not easily accumulated, which makes it tough to transport from one place to another.
There are several advantages to this type of packaging.
- It can be designed in various ways. This means when you are ordering to manufacture this type of packaging then, you can choose the customized design. It can be a complex or custom interior or whatever shape you want.
- Clamshell products are easily visible. This means customers can easily get to see the inside products. So you don’t have to need to show the products separately.
- It provides excellent protection. So there are no chances of getting damaged or broken products from the warehouse.
- It can be sealed easily by just sticking some tape. So there are no chances to come out the inside products from the container.
5) Chipboard Packaging Boxes
Another type of popular packaging is chipboard packaging boxes. It is made from cardboard material, and they have a lid to open like a clamshell. It will keep the inside products safe during storage and shipping.
One of the most important benefits is that it can protect items, and also, if you use custom lids, then customers can identify the inside products of this packaging.
One of the disadvantages of this packaging is it doesn’t give excellent protection during shipping and storage because when you are closing the lids that time you are using glue or tape. Otherwise, it can easily be opened and damage the products.
Apart from that, it has a lot of benefits, such as
- This type of packaging is less expensive; it can carry huge amounts of items.
- It can be made by hand and doesn’t need any machinery equipment for making.
- The material of this product is recyclable and 100% sustainable, so it is a great choice to keep the environment safe and green.
- You can fit any size and shape of products onto it because chipboard packaging is flexible and feasible.
- It can be altered into several forms.
- You can get this type of packaging in both light and heavy weights.
- It can be printed. This means you can print your brand logo onto the lid of this packaging. So customers can identify your brand name.
We have mentioned the five best ways of packaging products above in this article. Apart from that, there are several other ways to package your products, such as canned packaged goods, corrugated packages, and so on.
In this case, it is recommendable to use lightweight product packaging. So you don’t have to worry about carrying the products from one place to another and it is also cost-efficient. Apart from that, it keeps your products protective and perfect.
We hope you found this article helpful. In case you have queries, then comment down below.