India is an agricultural country where 68-70 per cent of the population is, directly and indirectly, dependent on agriculture. Where on the one hand, the majority of the population is dependent on agriculture. Both the usefulness and importance of agricultural activities increase significantly. But, on the other hand, the contribution of farm machines to the efficient completion of agricultural works is incomparable. Therefore, the volume of proper use of farming machines, care, and maintenance also increase even more.
The tractor works shoulder to shoulder with the farmer in every agricultural work. Many tractors are available in the Indian market, but Swaraj 963 Tractor is famous among them. It is used for all the small and big jobs, and whether it is transportation, ploughing, sowing, threshing, puddling or pulling heavy rotavator, all these works are very efficient and complete. That is why the importance of tractor care also increases a lot. In such a situation, let us know the proper time and way to take appropriate care of the tractor so that the agricultural activities can be continued smoothly without reducing the tractor’s capabilities.
Most Popular Ways to Take Care of the Tractor
The tractor needs good maintenance, but it can be expensive, but the Eicher 242 Tractor wants minimum maintenance, and its price is also reasonable. That’s why farmers use this tractor for their farming applications. So let’s know about ways to take care of the tractor.
- The required level of distilled water should be maintained. never add acid
- Make sure the top of the battery is clean, dry, free of dirt and grime.
- Check the battery clamps and clamps. If necessary, tie the clamp and inspect it only. It should be free of tide and junction and secure by applying grease.
- Never overcharge the battery; overcharging can damage the battery capacity.
- Batteries should be checked and maintained once a month.
- The voltage in the battery should be checked for regular charging. The charging range of a 12V battery is 12.2V to 14.4V.
Regular Alternator Check
- The alternator keeps the battery charged continuously by generating a current, which is essential for the electrical backup of the battery, which has a capacity of 12 volts and 33 amps.
- Check the fan belt regularly. In case of loosening, the alternator should be shifted by sliding it back.
- In the case of a loose fan-welt, the battery is not charged continuously, which reduces the battery backup.
Starter Motor Routine Check
- The starter motor starts the engine by rotating the engine crankshaft.
- Its capacity is 12 volts and 2.7 kW.
- All bolts should be well bound, which should be checked regularly. If the voltage is loose, then there is a problem with starting the tractor.
- Check the starter’s carbons regularly. In the case of carbon wear, the tractor has to face a lot of trouble in starting.
General Maintenance of the Electrical System
- All the electric types of equipment of the tractor are connected to the electric system of the tractor. In which, headlight, indicator, alternator, starter motor, horn, etc. all.
- Regular cable checking should be done.
- In case of fuse burning, a high capacity fuse should be used.
- Should only replace it in case the wire is damaged.
Engine Maintenance and Necessary Instructions
For effective working and long life of the tractor, follow all instructions during the initial 50 hours. Do not load when the engine is cold. Do not put an overload on the engine.
Run engine at half speed for 10 minutes to achieve average operating temperature, load engine only after maintaining temperature. Correct engine temperature is necessary for the engine to operate continuously at full load.
Engine Oil Level Check
Before checking the oil level, make sure that the tractor parked on level ground. Then, close down the engine and wait for some time so that all the oil gets back into the oil tank.
After cleaning the stick dipped in oil with a cloth, check the oil level by dropping it again in the oil tank. If the oil is below the minor level, raise the oil level by adding additional oil. Never fill the oil above the maximum mark.
Fuel Filter Care
Close the diesel valve externally. After that, take out the diesel from the filter bowl. Remove the primary diesel filter from the filter body, and remove the filter. Select the fresh filter and insert it into the filter body. Moreover, attach the arbour ring to the filter well, then loosen the bleed (diesel exit bolt). Screw and pump the pressing nozzle with the feed pump (diesel pump) to remove the filter’s air bubbles. The tractor should be started by turning on the diesel valve.
Change Engine Oil
Engine oil is an important part of the tractor system, the symptoms of using bad engine oil and not changing the oil for a long time, giving black smoke to the tractor, checking engine oil is thicker and more black.
First of all, park the tractor on a flat surface. Next, drain the oil by unscrewing the bolts in the lower oil tank. After the oil completely drained, tighten the bolts tightly, and fill clean oil through the filter cap. Maintain the oil level between maximum and minimum oil level. Do not fill oil beyond the top oil level, and you should change the oil after every 200 hours.
Dry Air Cleaner Cleaning
- Should clean the primary filter after every 300 hours of using the tractor.
- Replace the primary filter after 900 hours (whichever is earlier)
- Be careful taking the filter out of the box.
- Clean the primary filter with vital air from inside.
- Do not remove the protection filter (second filter ) while cleaning the primary filter.
- Do not clean the protective cover by the strong wind.
- Use a clean cloth to wipe the sealed areas of the primary filter.
- Make sure the filter seated accurately in the box before applying the cover.
Radiator Cleaning and Care
Gently open the radiator cap with safety (by about 1/4 turn). Try to avoid Steam and Should not touch the coolant level tab. If the level has dropped in the fill spout, check the entire cooling system for external leakage. If there is no external leak, pour the required amount of coolant. Do not use normal water in the radiator.
We hope this information is helpful for you. But, if you want to know more, stay with us and wait for our next blog.