Intuit has developed QuickBooks Desktop application for almost every popular operating system like Windows, Mac and android. As we all know QuickBooks is a large software that comprises of several features and tool to keep you accounting data intact. This is also true that no software is completely free from glitches and bugs and sometimes these flaws in the software can trigger errors that needs immediate resolutions. Most of the time these errors arises because of improper use and set up of the software.
The same goes with QuickBooks, and it might display many errors codes and error messages when not operated properly. However, taking about errors in the QuickBooks application, it is necessary to mention update errors, the most common ones. This article will discuss QuickBooks error 15106 that appears while downloading and QuickBooks Desktop updates on Windows computers.
Here in this article we will be discussing the most common reasons that gives rise to QuickBooks 2017 Error 15106 and some of the proposed solutions by certified QuickBooks experts. Keep reading the article until the end for complete info on Error 15106 QuickBooks
I Keep Getting QuickBooks Update Error 15106! What are the Reasons?
There could be several reasons for a error to appear in QuickBooks application and it all depends on the configuration of the application and the actions performed by the user. Error 15106 QuickBooks, which is an update error, down-below is the list of most common reasons that can trigger update error 15106 in QuickBooks.
- Antivirus and Antimalware applications are meant to block suspicious and applications/infections to mess up with the data and functionality of other applications.Occasionally, when your antivirus is not updated, it might recognize QuickBooks as a threat to the operating system and when it happens, it blocks its access to the internet to prevent data theft. This eventually obstruct QuickBooks from downloading the updates and users end up getting QuickBooks error 15106.
- Windows is designed to keep in mind the security and safety of users’ data and prevent unauthorized use of the user’s information stored on Windows. Only the authorized user, also known as the system’s admin, can perform specific tasks like installing/uninstalling new software, downloading updates, creating/deleting users, changing the system settings, and connecting certain apps to the internet. The same implies when a user tries to download or install a QuickBooks update on Windows, and administrative rights are needed for this action. Error 15106 can appear if you try to install or download the QuickBooks Desktop update without having the required admin access to your Windows PC.
Recommended to read : Sorry We Need to Verify Your Subscription
How to fix QuickBooks Error 15106?
If you still haven’t figured out how to get rid of QuickBooks Error Code 15106, then follow the instructions listed below in the given order.
Solution 1: Temporarily Disable your Windows Security apps
- Click the taskbar icon at the bottom-right corner on your Windows Desktop.
- Right-click your security app’s icon.
- If you haven’t installed any third-party security app, then right-click the Windows Defender icon
- Note – That is the default security app on Windows.
- Select the option that points out to disable the security app.
- Make your selection for the time range for which you want to disable the application.
- Recommended time is 15-20 minutes that will be sufficient to download the QuickBooks updates.
- Try to download and install the QuickBooks updates now and if this resolves the issue
- Then make sure to enable the security app once again.
Solution 2: Run QuickBooks as an Administrator
- From the Windows Start menu, select Switch User and enter the login credentials of the admin account.
- Press Enter and log in to Windows as an admin user.
- Right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon and select Run as Administrator.
- If Windows User Account Control prompts you to re-enter the password for the admin user
- Then enter it and press OK.
- Try to install the QB Desktop updates once again.
If none of the solutions brings luck and you still cannot run payroll because of error 15106, then as a final troubleshooting step try reinstalling QuickBooks Desktop after taking a backup of your company file to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 15106.