Gmail is a free email service which is provided by Google. It uses POP or IMAP protocols to synchronize email content. This is the best platform because it does not require any additional software to backup emails and data and this feature is of greatest importance in the business world.
Google Workspace stores all its emails in MBOX file format. All messages in MBOX are stored as messages concatenated into one long single text file. You can take backup of the data and can also export and import files in the form of archives. In this blog, we are going to clarify how do i convert MBOX file in Gmail account. However, there are many other processes and pre-programmed tools to import it. But some users want to do it with the free method also, so let us first know its manual process.
Step1: Set Up Gmail Account in Thunderbird to Manually Export Emails
If you have MBOX files then export them to Thunderbird by using the export/import add-on. Follow the mentioned points:
- Go to the tools menu and select the Account settings.
- After that, you have to choose Account actions then add the Mail Account.
- Provide the login details of your Gmail account i.e. emails ID, password, and user name. Press on the continue button to continue.
- After, this the verification process of your given details will start.
- Now select the IMAP option and then press on the done button the above step will redirect you to the Gmail account for verifying the email detail. Hit on OK.
- Now, fill in the password of the Gmail account, and after that press on Next.
- Press on the allow button to provide permission to Thunderbird to access and read Gmail email messages. Then go back to the Thunderbird setup email account.
- Now you can see that the Gmail account is configured in Thunderbird and see other Gmail folders on the left panel.
Step2: Export MBOX Files to Gmail Account
- After configured, now move MBOX files into Gmail account with the working steps.
- First, go to Gmail account and then right-click in the inbox folder, after that select the new folder
- Now, give a name to the folder and click on Create Folder.
- Now, Drag the Thunderbird Emails to the newly created folder.
By using the above steps. One can indirectly export the MBOX files into Gmail using the Thunderbird application. But there are some problems faced by the MBOX users.
The manual process will be useful when there are few MBOX files. If you are having thousands or more MBOX files and want to batch migrate MBOX emails into Gmail with attachments, then it is not possible with a manual procedure. Moreover, it only allows converting one MBOX file at a time, it wastes your important time in a one-by-one procedure. There may be a possibility of losing data also. And there is the installation of the Thunderbird application is mandatory to complete the conversion. So, it is suggested to go for a safe and reliable professional MBOX to Gmail Converter.
Learn How Do I Convert MBOX File in Gmail Account with MBOX to Google Workspace
To overcome the drawbacks of the manual process and easily export MBOX emails into a Gmail account, you use an advanced CubexSoft MBOX to Gmail Software to convert unlimited MBOX files into Gmail/G Suite account in a single batch. It is a purpose-built software to import MBOX files into Gmail along with attachments hyperlinks, images, mail header, email properties, and more information. The tool supports files of all popular MBOX-based email clients, like Mozilla Thunderbird, Apple Mail, Opera Mail, Pocomail, Entourage, SeaMonkey, etc. The software has an intuitive user interface that allows you to export the MBOX emails into Gmail with a few simple steps.
Easy and Complete Tutorial of MBOX to Gmail Account
Step 1. First of all, download, and install the application on your Windows desktop screen.
Step 2. Press on the Add File or Add Folder option and then select the MBOX files/folder for migration.
Step 3. Now, hit on the Next to proceed further.
Step 4. After that, choose an option according to your need between 1. Convert all your MBOX files in a single Gmail application, and 2. Convert each MBOX mailbox into a separate Gmail/G Suite account. And click on the Next button.
Step 5. If you select the first option then, fill in the required login details of your Gmail account for all MBOX files, and after that click on the Export button.
Step 6. If you choose the second option, then, enter the credentials of your Gmail account for all MBOX mailboxes, and then press on the Export button.
Step 7. Now, you can see the green live status progress of MBOX emails conversion into Gmail/G Suite account.
Step 8. Finally, press on the OK to done the process when the software finishes the conversion and shows the success email message i.e. “Conversion Process is completed”.
In this article, we have briefly discussed all the recommended approaches and solutions to export MBOX files in Google Workspace above. The manual process requires technical proficiency and a lot of time and effort. As an alternative, you can utilize a specialized MBOX to Gmail conversion tool, a perfect converter for importing MBOX files into a Gmail account. If you want to save your important time and don’t want to take risks then use this software to import the MBOX mailbox into Gmail with all details. Download the trial version and easily convert up to 20 MBOX emails into Gmail for free of cost.