Convert PST File to CSV without Outlook: A PST file can be used in place of an Outlook data file to store all of your Outlook mailbox data, including email folders, Contacts, Calendars, journals, and Tasks. This is a common practice. PST files are used to store data by a number of different Microsoft programs, including Microsoft Exchange Client, Windows Messaging, and Microsoft Outlook, among others.
On the other hand, users may occasionally wish to convert their Outlook PST contacts to CSV files. Because a CSV file is just a plain text file that can contain a list of data, it will allow them to access and manage the data associated with their contacts in Microsoft Excel, as well as easily share this information with another person.
This article will discuss the various ways in which a PST file can be converted into a CSV format. Both the built-in Import/Export feature of Outlook, which enables users to export Outlook PST contacts into CSV files, and the best PST Converter, which enables users to export emails and other mailbox items from Outlook to CSV, are available in Outlook.
Reasons to Convert Outlook Emails to CSV Format
There are many compelling arguments in favor of switching from managing contacts using PST files to using CSV files instead.
- The CSV file format is human-readable and simple to manually edit, in contrast to the PST file format, which is only compatible with Microsoft Outlook and other Microsoft software.
- If you work with PST files, it will always be easier for your data to become compromised or for your file to become corrupted.
- It is not unusual for people to access their mailboxes from a variety of devices in the modern era. However, if your information is kept in a PST file, it will not be simpler for you to access it because you will need to have MS Outlook installed on your personal computer. On the other hand, CSV files can be opened and processed by virtually every application that is currently available.
- PST files have the potential to grow quite large, while the size of a CSV file almost never increases.
- In order to produce a PST file using Outlook, you will need to have some level of technical expertise, whereas producing a CSV file is simple.
Methods to Convert PST File to CSV without Outlook
There are 2 direct methods to convert PST files to CSV format. both methods are mentioned below:
1 Method: Convert PST Files to CSV Format with Outlook
- To open PST contacts in MS Excel, follow the steps that are given below, which are all viable options.
- Launch Microsoft Outlook, and then navigate to the File tab.
- Select on the Import/Export feature after selecting the Open & Export section as your starting point.
- Tap the Next button after selecting Export to a file from the list.
- Select the Comma Separated Values format, then click the Next button.
- Tap the Next button after you have chosen the folder that contains your contacts.
- To choose a location to store the exported file, click the Browse button and then make your selection. Just move on to the following step.
- Include any and all other necessary components, then click the Finish button.
You will find that following these steps is helpful when migrating Outlook PST files to CSV files. But at the same time, the manual process has a few drawbacks, such as the fact that it is not secure, that it is lengthy and time-consuming, that it results in the loss of the email structure, and that it requires technical knowledge. As a result, we strongly suggest that you make use of the professional method for exporting emails from Outlook to CSV.
2 Method: Expert Method to Convert PST File to CSV without Outlook
This PST File Converter Tool by Emaildoctor gives users the ability to convert PST files to CSV format without the usage of MS Outlook. If the manual technique does not work for you, you may use this tool instead. The software will convert everything in an Outlook data file (.pst) into a comma-separated values (CSV) format.
This includes emails, attachments, contacts, distribution lists, calendars, tasks, and notes, among other things. In addition, it works with all of the different versions of Outlook, including 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and so on.
Reasons to Use Expert Solutions than Manual Methods
- Convert a single PST file or several PST files to other formats such as CSV, PST to PDF, MSG, or MBOX.
- Import the contents of a PST mailbox into an email client such as Gmail, Office 365, AOL, or IMAP.
- The software has been tried and tested, and it maintains a conversion accuracy rate of one hundred percent.
- PST files written by several versions of Microsoft Outlook, including Outlook 2019, should be supported.
- During the PST email conversion process, there is an option to exclude the attachments.
- The program is compatible with all of the different versions of Windows, including 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, and so on.
Working Steps to Convert PST File to CSV without Outlook
- Start by downloading and setting up the program.
- At this time, the program offers two different ways to upload a PST file; if an Outlook profile is already set on the same system, the data will be loaded automatically; otherwise, the user may choose to upload the PST file manually.
- At this point, choose the necessary information from the software panel.
- After that, select “CSV” from the list that appears after you click the button labeled “select saving option.”
- At this point, choose the destination where the transformed data will be saved.
- After that, choose the “convert” icon to begin the process of converting.
Time to Say Goodbye
You can use either of the following ways to convert Outlook PST files to CSV format. They are both simples to carry out and can convert single as well as multiple PST items to CSV format. If you want to convert Outlook PST files to CSV format, read on.
However, if we talk about the function that Microsoft Outlook plays in these ways, the first one requires Outlook. Whereas the last one converts PST contacts into CSV instantaneously and is independent of the installation of Microsoft Outlook.
Also Read: How to Export Outlook for Mac to PST Format?