Summary: Are you looking for a quick way to convert vCard to excel on Mac OS X? If your answer is yes, then this is the place to get your solution. In this article, we’ll explain a simple and effective way to quickly export vCard contacts to Excel.
vCard is a file format for storing contact details information. Because vCard has two file extensions: .vcard or .vcf, it is also called a VCF (virtual contact file). Mac Contacts can import and export vCard files. However, sometimes there are times when a vCard needs to be converted to a more common format, such as Excel.
Mac don’t have built-in features or tools to do this. But don’t worry. In fact, it’s not that hard to convert vCard to Excel on Mac. This article summarizes two of the easiest ways to convert a vCard to Excel on a Mac. This way you will get the Excel file in the spreadsheet from the vCard file. There are two main ways to perform a task. The next section describes both. Therefore, read the entire article and choose the one that suits your needs. Before proceeding with the process, let’s take a look at the user’s query
“I have a lot of contact data files, some of them are very important, because of some of my personal work now I want to save them in excel format. To export vCard contacts file in excel format, I tried many ways, but I can’t do it, whether any way to convert vCard file to Excel? If so, please help me.”
Technique to Convert vCard to Excel on Mac
Here we will discuss various methods by which users can complete the process of opening a vCard file to Excel format.
- Manual Method
- Professional Solution
Method 1: Convert vCard Contacts File to Excel – Using Manual
- In the Mac menu bar (at the top of the screen), select Open
- Select Programs from the drop-down menu
- Then double-click the Microsoft Office folder
- Then double-click the Excel icon to start Excel
- Click File in the top menu and tap Import
- Then double-click the vCard to import it into Excel
- Click File again and click Save As on the menu
- Click the File Type menu and select .csv from the list
- Now click Save and your Mac will save it successfully
- vCard is converted to CSV format, now go to the location where you saved this excel file and open it with MS Excel.
Method 2: Convert vCard to Excel on Mac OS X – Using an Automated Solution
Whenever you have problems converting vCard contacts to Excel CSV on Mac, we always recommend using vCard Converter for Mac, an application developed by SysTools. It is the best automated solution for users to export vCard contacts to Excel CSV on Mac with associated contact information. This tool allows you to add one or more .vcard files and convert them all in Excel in one go. This utility has a simple and unique user interface for converting vCard files. It allows users to perform tasks with or without technical knowledge. It allows you to convert vCard to vCard v2.1, vCard 3.0 and vCard v4.0, which also allow you to export VCF vCard files to Android and many other platforms. The exported v4.0 vCard can be imported and easily accessed from any iOS supported platform without additional effort. This software works safely and guarantees accurate results in seconds.
Stepwise Method to Convert vCard to Excel CSV on Mac OS
Follow the steps carefully to convert vCard to excel csv without any hassle.
- Start by Downloading and Installing the software on your macOS.
- Add vCard or VCF file using Add File or Add Folder. Click the [Next] button
- Browse to and select a file / folder on your system
- Press the “Next” button
- Go to Convert to Another Format and select CSV. Click the OK tab to continue the process.
- Click the Browse button to browse to the destination folder for the generated files. By default, the software selects “/ Users / Mac / Desktop Path“
- Finally, Press the “Export” button to export the vCard to Excel CSV format.
Essential Aspects of the Software
Check the tool with the Free version before purchasing the Software. With the trial / demo version, you can easily export 10 vCard contact files to Excel CSV format. To fully convert vCard files to Excel CSV format, upgrade to Full Version Edition.
Some Highlighted Features of Mac vCard Converter
Now let’s discuss some important features of the application when converting vCard to CSV format on Mac OS.
- Support for Multi-vCard Conversion: Use the Add option to add the vCard file to the software. You can upload one or more vCard files one at a time. Alternatively, add the complete folder containing the vCard contact files.
- Select the Desired vCard File. When you add a vCard file to the software, all files in the file are scanned. Users are free to select the desired file using the checkboxes provided.
- No External Support Required: The entire conversion process can be performed or performed by the software itself, independent of external applications. After conversion, move the converted file to the specified location.
- Choose the Desired Location: Software allows you to choose where to save the converted vCard contact files on your Mac. Save the converted file to your desktop to avoid confusion.
- Easy-to-Use Graphical User Interface: The program finishes with an easy-to-use graphical UI panel. Indeed, it provides a basic and understandable solution with auto-selection mode.
- Compatible with All Mac OS: The product can work on all Mac computer machines. The software works on all Mac OS X 10.8 and all editions
In this blog we have mentioned two ways to convert vCard to excel on Mac OS. The first is manual and the second is professional. So the native method cannot do the bulk conversion right away. That’s why we have mentioned a reliable and smart solution to export contacts from vCard to Excel on Mac. This tool also provides a demo version, so try out the trial version and understand all the features of the software.