With millions of homes in Australia having at least one television, there’s a good chance you’ll have one to bring with you when you move. Televisions, being expensive, fragile, and enormous, are not always easy to relocate. If you want to relocate your flat panel TV without damaging it, you’ll need to follow a few safety precautions by expert movers of Mandurah. Here’s how to pack a flat panel TV for transport.
Disconnect and pack your television’s attachments.
Unplugging your flat panel television and packing away all cords, plugs, and accessories is the first step in prepping it for a move. Follow these procedures to remove and mark your cords to minimise misunderstanding when reinstalling your television at your new location:
- Unplug each cord one by one.
- Masking tape is used to label each cord.
- Each cord should be velcroed to the appropriate device or placed in a Ziploc bag.
Repeat the procedure for all remotes and other accessories. After that, you can go ahead and clean your television.
Before you move your television, make sure it’s clean.
If you’re like most TV owners, cleaning your television isn’t something you do on a daily basis. Before you move, you can correct this oversight. Before you move, follow these measures to keep your TV clean:
- The television should be dusted.
- Clean the TV screen with a screen cleaner.
- Using canned air, clean the back vents.
- The flat panel TV screen should be protected.
When moving a flat screen television, the main issue is the screen, which is huge, fragile, and susceptible to harm from bumps and vibrations. As a result, after cleansing and packing the accessories, the first thing you need do is protect the screen. To protect the screen from bumps, scratches, and the vibrations of the moving van, follow these steps:
- To protect the screen, use a TV screen cover if you have one.
- If not, wrap the screen in two layers of bubble wrap.
- Tape or bubble wrap the screen cover in place.
- Cover the screen with a sheet of packing paper.
One thing to keep in mind is that the tape should not be used to touch the screen. To avoid hurting the screen when removing the tapes at your new location, make sure it just touches the TV cover.
Place the television in its box.
You’ll need more packaging after you’ve protected your screen to ensure a safe relocation. The television’s original packing parts and box are the best packaging to use. If you don’t have the original packing for the television, you can make do with additional packaging items. Here are some suggestions for safely packing the television.
- Use the original box or find a relocation box that is around the same size as your flat panel TV.
- Allow a space of 2-3 inches around the television.
- Place foam pieces on the television’s corners.
- Blankets or other soft packing supplies can be used to fill the additional space.
- Tape the box shut securely.
- Inside the moving truck, place the television.
After you’ve safely packed your television into a box, you’ll need to load it into the moving van (Or have your movers do it for you). It is never a good idea to let the television lie flat on its screen. The truck’s vibrations can harm the screen.
Instead, place the TV in the truck upright, with the display facing away from the sides. Make sure the television is surrounded by other items to prevent it from slipping or tumbling over when the moving vehicle is moving. A bungee cord can also be used to secure the TV inside the truck. Fill the space around the television with soft comforters, pillows, or other objects to provide additional padding for the journey.
Carefully unpack your flat-panel TV.
After you’ve finished packing and transferring a panel TV, you’ll need to carefully unpack it. Here are some pointers on how to set up your television safely in your new home:
- Lift and move your TV with at least two people.
- Always keep your television upright.
- Examine the wall mount’s safety.
- Allow the television to heat up inside before plugging it in and turning it on.
The appropriate procedure, on the other hand, can assist you in safely transporting your beloved possession to its new home. OZZIEE MOVERS in Mandurah professional-strength employees take cautious care of all of your valuables. We can assist you in making your move less stressful from start to finish, from helping you pack your TV to carefully transporting it to your new home in one piece.