Nowadays, MS Outlook is a popular and most preferable email application by personal as well as professionals. Microsoft Outlook is in use because this email application is suitable for both Windows and Mac operating systems. Commonly, MS Outlook 2011 saves all the data into OLM file formats such as emails, contacts, calendars, and so on.
But, due to some needs the user wants to export OLM files to Office 365 cloud account. Therefore, Office 365 is a web-based email application that is easy to access and open anywhere and anytime. So, if the user wants to convert OLM to Office 365, it reduces the chances of data loss, less cost of maintenance as well as hardware also.
Moreover, due to all these features users try to import Mac OLM emails to Office 365 efficiently. Therefore, the migration process is not as easy and simple as it looks. In the following segment, we are going to explain the solutions to import Mac Outlook to Office 365 that will make you able to understand the importing process of OML to Office 365 directly.
Requirements and Importance to Export OLM Files to Office 365
There are multiple reasons available to users who feel the need to change their email application to a cloud-based Office 365 account. Some of them are listed below:
- Office 365 users can open and access their email items from any place and any time of the world, while it is not possible with Mac Outlook versions.
- MS Office 365 account can be easily accessed by using any PC, it is not compatible with Mac Outlook 2011, 2016.
- Cloud-based Office 365 comes with smart and advanced high-level security features and it is very less risk for virus attack and it is not possible with Mac Outlook.
- Online Office 365 application is capable of fulfilling all user’s requirements and desires such as it is a combination of emails, contacts, calendars, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, etc. with a cloud facility.
Solutions to Export OLM Files to Office 365 Account
Now, come up with the solutions that will help to implement the migration of OLM to office 365 effectively. Therefore, in the below section, we are going to explain two approaches to resolve the issue that is a manual method and an automated tool. So, you can opt for any one of them as per their needs and comfort.
Solution#1: Free Manual Way to Export Mac Outlook 2011/2016 to O365
Follow the step-by-step all below-mentioned steps in order to perform the process of exporting Outlook OLM to Office 365 successfully:
- Run the MS Outlook email program into your local system.
- Then, click the “Tools” option and choose “Accounts” alternate.
- Now, in this step from the drop-down menu, choose “Exchange”
- Enter your mail address of Office 365 in the “Email Address” section.
- Provide your office 365 login email address and enter the password.
- Click on the “Add Account” button.
Note: If it needs a server address then you have to add outlook.office365.com and select the “Add account” tab again.
- After this, an autodiscover is shown on your window. So, you have to check the “Always use my response for this server” alternate then, choose “Allow”
- Finally, your account will be synced accurately. Once the synchronization process completes successfully. Now, you will be able to open your OLM file into Office 365.
Cons of Free Manual Technique
- The free manual solution is a time-consuming and very lengthy process to perform for converting OLM files in Office 365.
- A required to complete technical knowledge to implement the manual procedure
- Not suitable for bulk data conversion from OLM to Office 365.
- There are risks of data loss during the migration task.
Solution#1: Automated Method to Export OLM Files to Office 365
The above-explained manual solution has some drawbacks. So, users can go with this professional application such as “OLM Converter” software. With the help of this software, you can import Mac OLM files to Office 365 directly without any extra effort. This software exports Outlook for Mac OLM files into multiple file formats in batch functionality. Moreover, this software provides some more unique features, which are listed below:
- Easily transfer all Outlook for Mac data to Office 365 with all emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, etc.
- It keeps data integrity and ensures the 100% migration of OLM files to Office 365 format.
- Needs only Office 365 Login account credentials i.e. Username and Password, and all the OLM data will be moved into the Office 365 account.
- This software does not provide any file size limitation and hence one can convert multiple files from OLM to PST, PDF, MSG, MBOX, HTML, RTF, CSV, ICS, Lotus Notes, Zimbra, Windows Live Mail, Outlook.com, Gmail, G Suite, IMAP, IBM Verse, and many other formats.
- Compatible with all Windows and Mac OS machines.
Many times, the user wants to export OLM files to Office 365 due to some needs and reasons. So, in this post, we have discussed solutions to perform the conversion process effectively. So, it completely depends on user needs and requirements which methods are suitable to successfully import Mac OLM files to the Office 365 account successfully.
Read Also: Export MDaemon Email Lists to Outlook