Summary: In this post, we have discussed the error “eDiscovery PST Export Tool Not Working”. We have mentioned the causes, explained some solutions and a professional method to fix this error.
Before we start, let’s go through the user query.
User Query: While saving PST files in Office 365, I have experienced the error “eDiscovery PST Export Tool Not Responding”. Please suggest any solution to resolve this error or any suitable solution.
Several users are there who uses Office 365 to work and communicate with each other anytime from any remote location. As it is deployed on the cloud, therefore, many professional users store all their crucial data on the cloud.
Brief Discussion On What is eDiscovery Tool
Microsoft provides a tool called “eDiscovery” which deals with the Outlook exchange server and Office 365 Outlook export process. As being an Office 365 user, you must have thought that what happens, if the eDiscovery tool stops working? This error might arise at that time when you are moving PST files on an urgent basis.
There can be many reasons why user faces this error. For Instance, by using a proxy server at the same time using a third-party browser, or the user has not upgraded the internet explorer version.
So, to avoid this error “eDiscovery PST Export Tool Not Opening”, we will be explaining the reasons for this error and, we will be providing the manual and automated solution to avoid this error and save PST files in Office 365 hassle-free.
eDiscovery PST Export Tool not Responding- Causes Due to Which User Experience This Error.
This issue may occur if one or more of the following conditions are true.
- When a user is not using the latest version of Windows.
- When a user is using Internet Explorer 9.0 or later, and the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 or later is not installed.
- When local time zone settings aren’t set up properly in Internet Explorer.
- You’re using a third-party browser, and you don’t have the ClickOnce browser extension installed.
- The connection times out when you’re using an outgoing proxy server.
Solutions to Fix eDiscovery PST Export Tool Not Opening
Solution 1 – If you are using Internet Explorer 9.0 and .Net Framework 4.5 not installed – to solve this problem you need to install .NET framework 4.5.
Solution 2 – If Local Internet Zone setting is not properly set up in Internet Explorer – To solve this problem follow the given steps –
- Open Internet Explorer, navigate to the Tools menu, then click Internet Options.
- In the Security tab, select Local internet.
- Click Sites and then Advanced.
- Now add https://.outlook.com, then close.
Solution 3 – If you are using a third-party browser and the Click-One browser extension is not installed – to solve this problem you have to install the Click-One extension.
Solution 4 – If you are using the proxy server – To solve this problem you have to use the netsh command-line tool to open the 8080 port on the proxy server. Follow the steps –
- Open the command prompt & run command – netsh winhttp show proxy (to verify current proxy configuration).
- Then run command – netsh winhttp and set proxy proxyservername:8080
Note – User can try any of the solutions, depending upon the actual issue. Generally, we recommend the users look for an automated solution, as it becomes easier for them to skip this error.
Alternate Solution to Avoid eDiscovery PST Export Tool Not Working.
In this section, we will be explaining the professional solution to fix this error. Users can use the Most Trusted Office 365 Export Tool to avoid this error. This tool is user-friendly and can move multiple PST files without any issue.
To execute these steps, the user does not have to install the eDiscovery tool.
- Launch the Software and log in, then select the necessary User ID.
- Select the format in which you want to export (In this case we will choose PST format).
- Select the email format and Categories as required. Also, apply the date filters.
- Browse to navigate and select the destination location to save the exported data and Select Start.
- After the process completes, you can view files in the saved location.
Note – Before initiating the process, the user must enable the IN-Place Archive mailbox. Otherwise, a window prompt box will be shown which will restrict the user to continue the process.
Users sometimes face this error “eDiscovery Export PST tool not working” due to the above-mentioned reasons. While moving crucial PST files if a user finds this error, then it becomes an issue to solve this. In this situation, the user can go for an alternate solution to get rid of this error.
Also Read: Know the Best Way to Backup Office 365 Email