Computer users face a lot of problems while using the device. Their system might get stuck in between. The internet connection they are using might not work properly. Computer system loading speed might have been decreased. Sometimes, even the device hangs, and what you are working on, might not be saved. Thus, you lose all your works. One of such irritating items is pop up. They can come on your screen anywhere at any time. The nature of their appearance makes them more irritating. McAfee is one such program that sends such. Let’s eradicate it with the help of this article on ‘How to get rid of McAfee Pop up’
What are Pop-ups?
The name of the item describes a lot about it. It is basically an information window that pops up. In simple words, it is a message that comes in between, while you are using your device. The message appearing in the device can also be a form of a pop-up. But the differences between them and this pop-up are very significant. This version doesn’t get out easily. Usually, you have to press the cross icon, or any other process to remove it. The items coming between the work and covering the screen is a very common trait. But sometimes, you can’t even continue your work when the item is on screen. You need to somehow eradicate that, just to continue your work. Thus, the knowledge of How to get rid of McAfee pop up permanently is important.
Why do these items appear and how to get rid of McAfee up?
It is very hard to say one particular reason for this cause. There are many factors that contribute to it. But it is very important to know the reason, to understand ‘How to get rid of McAfee Pop up’. Many users, initially get a trial version of the application. This version keeps on repetitively asking to buy the paid version. Even the paid version can sometimes come with a pop-up, that has certain activity written on it. In addition to this, there are many other reasons. One of them is fake pop-ups having the company’s name. This can be harmful and clicking on this may lead to many harmful threats.
Solution no.1: Stopping the harmful pop-ups
These pop-ups majorly appear during surfing on the internet. It may also appear in the applications. The main reason for these to appear is to make you click on them. Once you do it, you provide the popup, permission to some items in your device. If it is successful in doing so, it may harm your system. There are two solutions to this. The first solution is using their websites and software responsibly.
You must be very alert about what you are clicking. A good antimalware may be an optimum choice to prevent this. This software has features that provide the option to block these items. There are also other applications specially designed to block these items. Adding them will help.
Solution no.2: Changing the settings within the software
If the pop-ups are appearing through the paid version of the software, then it can be stopped by doing some changes within its settings. You will get to know, how to get rid of McAfee pop up by reading these methods.
- Open the program available within your system. It can be in the taskbar. If not, press on the start icon and scroll down.
- Press the settings icon.
- Within the options, press on the ‘General Settings and Alert’ option.
- Here, select the ‘Protection Alert’ option
- On the window, that has opened up, the ‘Don’t Show an alert when the firewall is off’ option will appear. Uncheck the box near it.
- Press on the ‘Apply’ option
- After the above methods are done, go back to the ‘General Settings and Alert’ option
- This time press the ‘Information Alerts’ option.
- The display will show up a similar option, which appears previously in Method no.5. So, do the same, here.
- Similarly, select ‘Apply’
- Now skip this process and do the methods given below. For this, you need to get back to the opening option.
- Press on the ‘Home’ option on top.
- Select ‘Manage Security
- Then, press on ‘Web and email protection’ option
- The Firewall option will be available. Select it.
- At last, press on the expand option.
- Besides the ‘Enable Smart Advice’, there will be a small box. Uncheck it.
Solution no.3: Eradicating the Application
If the software has a trial version, who’s trial period has finished. It might show such pop-ups that will ask you to pay for further use. It will also show, how important the software was for your device. It will display the work it had done within the trial period. The only way to stop this is by completely eradicating the software from the device. The first step for this is uninstallation. It can be easily done by searching programs within the control panel of your device. There, the option will be available to uninstall the program. Some additional instructions will appear on the display. Doing them will help in completing the process.
Further, a program must be downloaded and installed. Its link is given below. It will check whether any item related to the software is there on your device. If it finds something, it will remove that automatically.
- Link: https://download.mcafee.com/molbin/iss-loc/SupportTools/MCPR/MCPR.exe