This post will provide an overview of EML files and PST format, as well as a different technique to convert multiple EML files to PST format manually without Outlook.
If users want a quick conversion solution, then Imply the Converter Software to convert EML to PST instead of devoting time to reading, comprehending, and then implementing other methods.
Overview to Refresh Your Memory
An EML file is a single email file created by programs such as Mozilla Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail, Outlook Express, and others. It is available in text and binary formats, with the header containing ASCII content and the body containing attachments, normal text, and hyperlinks. Individual message files are typically used by computer users to share important emails via electronic communication.
A PST file, on the other hand, is a Microsoft Outlook storage file that contains emails with or without attachments, address book information, appointment records, and so on. A file with the.pst extension is only accessible through the Microsoft Outlook email app and is very popular among business users.
Why Do People Convert EML Files to PST?
Many factors contribute to the conversion of EML files to PST format. Microsoft is constantly updating and modifying its Windows OS-based email application, but it currently only has one email client, Outlook. This desktop-based mailing program is included in the Microsoft Office Suite, so customers do not need to purchase and install it separately. Returning to the question of why EML to PST file conversion requires. The answer can be any.
This is due to the fact that it is person-to-person who wishes to perform this export operation. Nonetheless, the following are some common reasons why EML to Outlook PST conversion requires:
In comparison to other email clients, Microsoft Outlook is the most widely used. This application makes it simple for businesses to manage their emails as well as personal information.
Since Microsoft has discontinued the Windows Live Mail app, customers who used this email client are looking for a way to convert WLM EML files to Outlook PST format.
Methods for Converting EML to PST Without Outlook
There are several ways to convert Thunderbird EML to PST files, including using different email applications or a third-party utility. We will illustrate all possible approaches and, in the end, recommend a suitable method to users.
Here are both freeware and paid solutions for converting EML files to PST without Outlook. Choose the best option for you:
- Manual EML to PST Conversion – A Freeware Solution
- Making Use of Windows Live Mail
- Convert EML files to PST for free with Outlook Express.
- Converting Multiple EML Files to PST Without Outlook
Method #1: Manually Convert EML Files to PST – Drag and Drop Solution
This strategy is commonly used when an.eml file is in a specific location on your PC but there is no associate application to open and view EML files for free. However, this approach necessitates the installation of Microsoft Outlook in order to carry out the following guidelines:
- Launch the Microsoft Outlook application on your computer.
- Navigate to the local system path where the source EML files are saved and choose any of them.
- Drag and drop the desired.eml file into the Outlook email client.
Method #2: Free EML to PST Conversion Using Windows Live Mail
Users who use this method to convert multiple EML files to PST format should keep a backup copy of the EML files. If the method causes a sudden loss, you have a backup file at any secondary storage location. To begin using this method, open the Microsoft Outlook email client that is connected to the Exchange server. And then follow the steps below:
- Launch the MS Windows Live Mail email app on your computer and go to File >> Export >>
This opens a window in which you must select Microsoft Exchange and then click the Next button.
- Now a dialogue box appears, in which you must click the OK button to proceed with the manual conversion of EML to PST.
- It is now time to select all or specific folder files from Windows Live Mail that will import into Microsoft Outlook. Once you’ve finished selecting folders, click the OK button.
- After completing Step (4), the process execution begins, which will take time depending on the number of emails to be imported into Outlook.
- When the process is finished, it displays an Export Complete message panel where you must click Finish.
Method #3: Manually Convert EML to PST Using Outlook Express
To attempt this free manual approach, proper technical configuration of EML files with Outlook Express requires. This will accomplish by opening the Express app and dragging all source EML files into OE. After that, begin following the instructions below to convert EML files to PST:
- Open the Microsoft Outlook email client on your computer and go to File >> Save As. >> Open & Export Import/Export
- Select Import Internet Mail and then click Outlook Express >> Next.
- A panel appears in which you do not need to make any changes and can simply click the Finish button.
Perfect Method to Convert Multiple EML Files to PST – Completely Secure Method
All three manual methods demonstrated in this post are ineffective for converting EML files to PST for free. These approaches are only applicable when converting one or two EML files. Furthermore, the issue with these approaches is that they will not work if any of the email clients are unavailable.
So, what now? Well, don’t worry; we’ve got a solution to your problem! Instead of using free manual methods, we recommend that our readers use an automated tool. Without Microsoft Outlook, the software supports bulk conversion of EML files to PST format. It converts .eml messages without as well as with attachments, reducing end-user effort.
With the help of this software, one can easily convert multiple EML files to PST without any platform dependencies. The resulting PST file is compatible with Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and earlier versions. So, what are you still waiting for? Simply download the software to see how easy it is to convert EML to PST without Outlook!