The backup file in Windows uses the BKF format as its extension. Many users do not know how to proceed when these files are inaccessible. We are here to look at how to recover BKF files if users lose or disorder them up. It can be frustrating to fail BKF files, especially if you’ve already lost the root files.
You must start the recovery process when you get an error message saying the BKF file is inaccessible. Manual procedures can help recover BKF files, but they have some flaws. Professionals always recommend using an automated method, such as a specialized BKF recovery tool. This guide will go over both (manual and automated) methods. It will make it easy for users to pick the one that preserves their data safest.
How could BKF files get corrupt?
- Unintentionally deleting or changing the file:Users could be unaware delete or change the contents of BKF files. It would cause them to become corrupted.
- Sudden voltage outages: If the electricity supply goes out suddenly while the backup is being made, the whole files may become failed/corrupt.
- Hard disk let-down:Several hard disc issues could cause BKF files to be lost. Lacking sectors could also mean that some of your BKF files are falling items, corrupting them.
- Hardware/OS crashes: If the system crashes before the backup is done, the file will be corrupted, or the backup will fail.
- Viruses/malicious availability:Because of malware or viruses, all of your files might not be as good as they should be. If BK File is infected, it could get corrupted or change its contents.
Methods to repair BKF files:
However, most recent changes to data recovery methods, such as the best BKF recovery tool, have made it easier. There is a built-in feature of Windows XP, namely Ntbackup.exe. It lets you back up your files. Ntbackup.exe backs up data to a BKF (.bkf) file. But this feature isn’t built into the latest Windows OS to recover BKF files. Users can download it and use it to back up their Windows files.
Method 1: Download NTBackup.exe:
You can get the three files (NTBackup.exe, Ntmsapi.dll, and Vssapi.dll) as nt5backup.cab from this link: https://www.bkfrepairtool.com/dl/nt5backup.cab. Once you have downloaded the file, unzip it and save it in a local folder.
Here are some steps you can process to free recover BKF files:
- Open the folder where you stored the ntbackup.exe file and double-click on it.
- Skip the pop-up and click ok on the Welcome Wizard.
- Choose the “Restore Files and Settings” option.
- Browse the location where you need to store the backup (.bkf file) and click OK. (You must save the file in the same disc where the backup has been placed)
- Select the folder to restore backups.
- Choose the Advanced option that helps you choose where you want to restore backups.
- After that, click Next. (By default, the backup will be restored where it was before.)
- When you’ve done all the necessary actions, click Finish to exit the screen.
Method 2: Through Windows XP operating system:
If you have Windows XP, you can get three files from the C: WindowsSystem32 folder: NTBackup.exe, Ntmsapi.dll, and Vssapi.dll.
Note: NTBackup.exe is the file that runs the programme, and.dll are the files needed to restore the program.
The manual method can recover BKF files from the NTBackup. It supports any old versions of Windows OS to windows vista/8/8.1/10. Yet there are certain drawbacks to the free utility while trying to perform the recovery procedure
For instance, the Windows 10 OS doesn’t direct you to run this utility because it isn’t compatible. It could crash your operating system.
For larger files or if the file is lost or deleted, you will need a strong BKF recovery tool.
Method 3: Using automated Shoviv BKF Recovery Tool:
You can easily recover lost or damaged BKF files with the help of an excellent BKF recovery Tool. The Shoviv BKF recovery tool is a powerful and easy-to-use software to recover BKF files. This software enables users to recover lost or corrupted data from Microsoft Windows Backup files. It supports a wide range of file formats, including BKF, ZIP, RAR, and more
There are no limits on the size of files or the number that can be processed at once. It makes the process faster and only takes a few simple steps.
Try the FREE Demo:
Shoviv BKF Recovery tool has a FREE Demo version. Before moving on to the full licensed version, anyone can try it out. It gives users a complete idea of what the software can do. The demo version can only fix Exe, Dll, Opal, Opax, and CHM files.
Since we know that the manual method has flaws and works with selected versions of Windows, you must choose the automated method. The mentioned BKF recovery comes in handy with a quick and safe way to recover BKF files. It provides an excellent result with no flaws.