Microsoft Exchange is one of the oldest and most renowned email servers to share important information. Exchange uses EDB files to save its data. Exchange administrators usually confront multiple situations while working is the corruption of the EDB files. In the upcoming section, we will talk about different ways to restore the corrupted EDB file.
Now we will know more reasons for EDB file corruption and some common errors of the corrupted .edb files.
Most Common Reasons of the EDB file corruption
The corruption of the EDB files is one of the most difficult situations for Exchange users. Corrupted .edb files mean that the user will enable to access its important data. Before looking for the solution to restore corrupted EDB files, let’s take a look at the several reasons behind the corruption:
- Any program installed through any unreliable website brings the virus, which harms the EDB files.
- Abrupt closing of the system while working can also make cause corruption in the .edb files.
- One of the most common reasons for EDB corruption is Jet engine error. It can also damage the complete .edb file.
- The exchange database can also be corrupted due to the failure of the system hard drive, another important component.
- EDB files have a specified limit to store the data in it, whenever that limit gets crossed, the chances of EDB corruption increase.
After gaining some knowledge about the factor which causes the corruption in the .edb files, let’s explore some common .edb file errors.
List of known EDB file errors:
We are sharing with you some of the known edb file errors. If you see them while accessing the exchange database, your EDB file will be at a risk.
- Exchange Error 1018: “JET_errReadVerifyFailure” occurs whenever the corruption is found on the page level of the EDB files.
- Exchange Error 515 “JET_errInvalidLogSequence” shows when there is some problem in the log files.
- Error 1605 (Operation terminated) comes if the .edb file becomes inaccessible.
- Error -550 (JET_errDatabaseDirtyShutdown) whenever there is improper shutdown of the database.
Usually, many errors solve by restarting the Microsoft Exchange server, if you fail to restore the corrupted EDB file by restarting the server machine, then you need to look for some solution.
After getting enough knowledge about the edb file corruptions and some error notifications, we will look for a solution to restore the corrupted exchange database.
Method to recover data from the corrupted EDB file
Generally, user search for the DIY technique to solve the corruption of the EDB files but most of them fails due to improper knowledge. The manual methods are not an easy approach to restore corrupted EDB Files. So to overcome the complexity, there are some other methods available to fix the .edb corruption. Before moving on to the alternative solution, let’s look for the drawbacks of the conventional methods.
Demerits of Eseutil command line:-
- It is one of the consuming processes, that will test the patience level of most Exchange users.
- There is a chance of losing the EDB file data if the Eseutil tool is unable to recover.
- Novice users will not perform individually without the assistance of the technical user.
These are some of the reason which helps to select the method to recover the edb file data.
Professional Third-party tool to Recover EDB file data
Users can take the help of professional software, which is the better alternative to avoid the difficulty of recovering corrupted edb file data. Shoviv Exchange EDB recovery tool is one such utility to restore corrupted EDB files with the best-in-class user interface. It is one of the best solutions for recovery of EDB file data due to its wide range of features.
Take a look at some of its prominent features:
- Highly effective in repairing the corrupted edb files and restoring the complete data from them.
- It also makes it possible to recover the public as a well private folder of the MS Exchange server.
- The software allows users to add as several. edb files simultaneously without affecting its working speed.
- One of the best parts of this utility is that it does not take chances to the folder hierarchy while recovering data from the corrupted EDB files.
- It has an advanced feature like a filter option that helps to recover only the desired data.
- After recovering the edb file data, the tool also gives you the option to save files into EML & MSG file format.
Users face multiple situations when their EDB files get corrupted due to certain reasons. We have covered most of them in this write-up. Rather than looking more into the causes of the corruption, you need to implement such a system that helps to restore corrupted EDB files without harming its data.