When you are using a canon printer, you need to make sure that you update canon printer drivers. Although the process to update the drivers can be confusing as well as tedious. An update is going to make sure that your printer is responding to all the commands.
Updating the printer driver can be called a hassle and that too when you are using multiple devices. The drivers will also make sure that the working of the printer in conjunction with the computer or laptop is proper and is running smoothly.
When you are updating the drivers manually, then it is going to take time. Sometimes there are some issues that you may face with the update process such as the canon printer offline. And you just cannot afford to lose time in this fast-paced world.
Let us now see the steps that are going to help you to resolve the issue. But let us first understand the canon printer and its drivers.
Canon printer downloads:
This process may be more complicated when you are having multiple printers with various operating systems. There are third-party devices that you will be able to visit to get the downloadable links.
There are different ways through which you will be able to download the Canon printer driver. The first method is through the automatic one that is recommended and is one of the easiest and the quickest ways.
It will be done with a couple of mouse clicks. It is very easy even if you are a newbie and have just started using the computer.
You can also update the computer manually. You just need some skill and patience in order to update the drivers. This is because you need to find the right driver online. Then you need to download it and then install it step by step.
Automatic update of canon printer:
If you do not have the time or the patience or skills to update the canon printer manually, then you are free to do it automatically. There are many software that will help you top download the drivers automatically.
When you haven’t updated your canon printer thoroughly, you might face issues such as the canon printer not connecting to wifi. In order to renunciate this error, make sure that the canon printer is updated from time to time.
The software is automatically going to recognize the system and is going to find the correct drivers for it. You do not need to know what system your computer is running. You do not have to take a risk in downloading and installing the wrong driver.
You also would not have to worry about the mistakes that when installing the drivers, the software is going to take care of everything. You can also update your drivers automatically with the free and the pro version of the software.
With the pro version, it is just going to take two clicks for the canon printer driver update.
- First, download and install the software.
- After that run the software and then click on the scan now button. The software will then scan the computer and is going to detect the issues that it may have with the drivers.
- Then click the update all option and it will automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers which are missing or are out of date in your system. If you just want to update one printer, then select that printer model and then hit the update button next to it.
You can also do it for free if you like as it is partly manual.
Manually update your Canon printer drivers:
If you are going to update the canon printer manually, then here is the procedure that you need to follow.
- Go to the official website of the canon.
- On the pop-up page, then you need to scroll down and then click on the support.
- Below you will be able to browse by the product type and select the printer’s option there.
- On the left side, there is a product list for the series of printers. You need to select the one that you might have been using.
- On the next page, you need to click on the drivers and the downloads.
- After that expand the operating system and then you need to select the windows version. Under the heading of the optional drivers, you need to click the select button that is next to the desired driver.
- Then finally click on the download option.
- If you think that you are not sure how to download and install the driver manually, then you can know how to download and install by following the steps mentioned above.
- After you see that the driver has been updated successfully, then you need to restart the computer and your printer for the changes to be implemented fully.
These are the steps through which you will be able to know How to update Canon printer driver. There might be some users who will still be able to update the printer. Well, in that case, you can get in touch without experts and they will provide you with the best solutions! For more information check out the website Altrendyblog.