Brand Content is blogger content that mentions a business, company, or advertiser. The organization pays celebrities, influencers, and media for copyright material with a brand mention. In the feed or stories, companies appear as “post sponsors” (labeled Sponsored).
The sponsor can be the one who maintains the official page of the brand. Partners can be any famous person, but blue check status (identity verification) is optional. The main role of sponsored Content is to entertain or benefit. Brand loyalty fades into the background. With the help of branded Content, users remember and perceive companies better and faster. There are several branded content ad formats:
Articles — in the explanation to the creative contains a link to the advertiser (his mention);
Images – a post in the carousel format allows you to present a product or service in more detail and clearly;
Unique posts in the feed – contain quizzes, polls, contests with prizes, and life hacks: something that will attract the attention of users due to its originality;
Videos in which the brand is mentioned are shot by the owner of the account or by the customer.
Purposes of branded content advertising
a Benefit to the reader. Information should initially be useful to the consumer. For example, the advantages of the advertised product, where and how it can be used, other application life hacks, offering a discount for mentioning a blogger when buying, etc. Such advertising will be perceived with more value;
Attracting the attention of the audience. Bright, unusual materials distinguish the publication from the stream of numerous posts and stories. Therefore, it is important to understand what audience the client is interested in and select the appropriate location/images/dialogues to attract users’ attention. The portrait of the target audience is determined by testing various tactics, user segments, creatives, advertising formats, and so on.
Building trust. Branded content advertising increased user loyalty and the company’s reputation. A positive image leads to increased audience reach.
We create branded advertising
To publish a post or story with branded Content and promote it, you need to get approval for posting. To do this, we go to “Settings,” select the “Account” item, go to the “Branded Content Tools” section and get permission.
We publish a post with an advertiser’s mark
Let’s go to the application. Click on the “Plus” button on the screen and choose what you want to publish – a photo or video. Then click the “Next” button and proceed to the description. Select the “Advanced settings” option and specify the advertiser (mark the business partner).
You can also add a link to the advertiser’s account for a published post. Expand the ellipsis at the top of the article (to call the context menu) and click “Edit.” Next to the line “Add a place,” select “Add partner.” Next, select the item “Mark business partner” and enter all the necessary information.
We publish a story with an advertiser’s mark
Click on the camera icon in the top left corner to create a story. Then we select the photo or video that we want to promote. Next, click on the chain icon on the top toolbar – this is a menu of additional options. Then select “tag a business partner” and allow the business partner to promote Content.
You can also add sponsored Content to a published story. To do this, open the story that you want to promote. Next, click “More,” select “Tag Business Partner,” and find the right company or brand you partner with. If a company (brand) is available in the search results, but you cannot tag it, contact the partner and ask for approval. After selecting a brand, return to the More Options screen and click on Allow Business Partner to Promote Content to allow the business to promote the story.
Once a brand is tagged in a post or story, it will receive a notification in the Instagram mobile app under Branded Content. Publication statistics will also be available there.
We recommend you to work with Instagram marketing agency for long term success.
The featured partners can view reach and engagement metrics for those feed posts (such as likes and comments) in the stats section of their Facebook page.
For Instagram Stories posts, the partner will have 14 days to view reach, forward and backward clicks, replies and exits. Authors can view metrics in the application’s statistics section, as before.
Promoting a post with branded Content
Permission to promote a branded content post is granted in the “More Options” section. After that, the brand can place the published post or story in their Facebook Ads Manager (Ads Manager). An exception is a carousel (carousel) post format.
To promote a post, go to Ads Manager and in the “Ad settings” section, select “Use an existing post,” then “Select a post.” Next, among the proposed placements, click on “Branded Content.” Then we select the necessary publication, fill in the remaining fields of the ad settings and start the promotion.
What is the key to the effectiveness of branded advertising
- Exposure to publications in the same style. They will be more recognizable among the flow of monotonous records and stories. The style of the video/image should fit the blogger’s profile and look organic in it.
- Setting the emotional background. Openness, friendliness and willingness to help will win the audience and increase its loyalty.
- It is important to be careful with some taboo topics so as not to cause public outcry. These topics include religion, politics, sports, and adult content.
- Involving subscribers in discussions. This will help raise their interest. You can offer them to like, repost, write comments, tag friends, and subscribe to the page for promotion in the form of prizes and gifts. In addition, we advise you to communicate with users, for example, answer their questions in the comments.
TIP: Visit an internet marketing agency like Mavenup Creatives, as it is the best Instagram marketing agency all over the USA.
- Adaptation of text and images for the device. Published Content should be displayed equally clearly and understandably on desktop and mobile applications. It needs to be optimized – not only in terms of the size of the images but also the length of the posts, the convenience of their readability, and the accompanying video. The recommended length of post texts is 125 characters. The maximum is 2200 characters. The shorter the video, the more users will watch it. 10-30 seconds is the best option. Also, you can make the video with the subtitle – this will help attract those users who view the tape with the sound turned off. The optimal creative size for a post with an image is 1080×1080 square or 1080×1350 vertical.
Click here to read more articles.