Orthodontic treatment makes use of Invisalign using clear aligner for straightening the teeth to correct misaligned bite. It uses as the alternative of traditional braces. Orthodontist will make use of sets of Invisalign aligners after taking digital scan and impressions of the teeth. They also recommend aligner chewies to speed up your Invisalign process.
You have to wear it a week or two before you switch to the new one. But you have to remove it at the time of cleaning, drinking and eating. So, proper fitting is important every time you put on the aligner. That’s why it is better to use chewies and seaters. To know more about it you must keep reading this blog.
What is the function of chewies?
Put appropriate pressure even out of the teeth so that they move to their respective and desirable positions. For that, invisalign should fit over it perfectly. The design of aligner is move the teeth progressively. As a result, each new set of aligner will slightly differ from that of the latest one.
Also, you may face difficulty in aligning the tray properly. Aligner chewies assist in proper fitting of the aligner. They use soft plastic of size of cotton roll to make the cylinders. After putting in the aligner you have to chew down on the chewie for a few minutes. Repetitive biting action will provide optimal support to the aligner.
Are they speeding up the process?
You must know that aligner chewies speed up the treatment. Aligner fitting is really very important to make it efficient in the long run. So, use aligner chewies to speed up your Invisalign.
As it enhances the fitting of the aligner it also ensures that the treatment progresses as per the plan. On the other hand, putting on the aligner with ill fitting slows down the treatment procedure. That’s why chewies are essential to speed up the process.
Potential side effects to use chewies
After placing the aligner in, it exerts firm pressure on the teeth to shift them. It can result in discomfo rt or pain at the time when you switch to next set or starting all over again if necessary. Pain or discomfort associated to new set will subside naturally over time. Meanwhile, you can take OTC pain medications to deal with them.
Tips to use Invisalign chewies in right manner
You must use chewies at the time of:
- Starting the journey with new aligner
- Replacing the aligner after having your meal or brushing the teeth
- Figuring out a spot where the aligner doesn’t fit well
To make the chewies efficient you must use them in right manner. You can do this by:
- Placing the aligner as per orthodontist’s instructions! Make sure that it fits snugly!
- Place the chewie within lower and upper jaw
- Chew on it repeatedly for a couple of minutes
- Shift it to another area of mouth and repeat the last step before this one. Make sure that every tooth chews on chewie so that it provides optimal support throughout.
- You must chew on it every day for 5 minutes. Orthodontist must provide instructions how and when to use them.
Use chewie when you find that invisalign can’t fit properly in a particular situation. It happens where there is noticeable air-gap within the aligner and teeth.
Where you can buy the chewies?
At the commencement of Invisalign, you will get supply of Invisalign chewies from the orthodontist. But you have to think where you can receive more supply. There are many drugstores and groceries where you can find chewies and many other similar products for perfect fittings of Invisalign.
What are the alternatives of Invisalign chewies?
Basically chewies are a kind of Invisalign aligner seater. Some alternatives are:
- Movemints-These edible mints help in proper fitting of the aligner. The special design makes it a perfect fit within the teeth and aligner.
- Munchies-Various hardness options are available from firm to gentle for munchies. Silicone is used to prepare these and so it retains to their original form after you chew on them.
Aligner seaters or chewies are actually cylinders made from small plastic useful for Invisalign. On chewing them the aligner will adhere to the teeth perfectly making the treatment highly effective.
Basically, you must use them every day for a couple of minutes. When Invisalign treatment will start, the dentist is more likely to offer very first chewies supply. Also you will receive instructions on the ways to use them.
Chewies can lead to temporary discomfort and pain. OTC medications such as acetaminophen can provide temporary ease from the pain. But dentist consultation is a must in case you experience consistent pain and aligner doesn’t fit you properly. You can book a consultation at your nearest clinic for Invisalign in London.