Is leased line beneficial for business?” the answer is definitely a big fat yes! If you have a business that depends heavily on data, internet and phone lines then leasing them from a third party company might seem more beneficial. To understand how it works, let’s go through.
What Exactly Is A Leased Line?
Don’t be confused with this term as leased line is just a term used to describe the temporary line that connects your office to an existing telephone system. This service is also known as the virtual private network or VPN and its most commonly referred to by its acronym, VPLS.
So basically, if you use this kind of connection, you’ll be able to communicate with anyone on any given network without having to share any of your door codes. In short, it’s a wire line connection which can carry voice and data at the same time.
So instead of getting an expensive broadband internet from a major provider like Verizon or Comcast, you get your own virtual dedicated line from a Leased line Providers who already has one of these connections in your city and that company then leases the line to you.
Benefits of Leased Line Connection
- When you subscribe to a leased line, your router will be set up in such a way that you will get internet access right from their equipment so it can take away all the hassle of setting things up on your own.
- This kind of connection is ideal for companies who need stable and reliable connections to the internet as they can be assembled for a fraction of the cost that is required from major providers.
- Another benefit of this kind of connection is a possibility of a direct link between you and your client/customer which will further enhance your reputation.
- One example where leased lines come in handy is when you want to connect two offices that are very far away from each other.
- There will be no latency (delay) and there won’t be any data loss which means that the connection is completely secure.
- If you need to broadcast video conference between two offices, this type of connection allows both parties to send audio, video and data simultaneously without compromising on quality.
- This makes it the perfect choice for today’s businesses as they depend heavily on information sharing.
- And last but not least, since leased line doesn’t rely on public internet service providers like Comcast or Verizon then the traffic remains private which means that your sensitive business data will remain hidden from everyone who may intercept it.
“So if you’re wondering how much does a 500mbps virtual dedicated line cost? The answer is about $150-200 per month. If you want to know about leased line advantages and disadvantages just visit the site”.
Read More : Informational Blogs
Leased Line Vs Broadband
This is a very good alternative to traditional broadband connections as you don’t have to share your internet link with neighbors and you will be the only one using that connection.
It’s good for small businesses as well since it allows them to have their own private network without spending huge amounts of cash on cabling lines which can cost thousands of dollars. All in all, a leased line is a very useful tool if you need a reliable connection so why not give it a try? ***
Leased Line for Small Business
Everyone has an idea for his own business. What if you could get your business totally successfully? You can start your business with a leased line, which is the main factor of success in many businesses. I found one article on the web that talk about this important subject. As we all know, information is vital and essential to make our lives better. Here you will find some useful information concerning “a leased line”.
Leased Line for Large Businesses
Many people start their businesses and they need to provide their business with a leased line. And they’re totally right, because this will lead them towards the success of their company.
Here I am going to tell you about two different types of leased lines that are appropriate for large companies.
- A virtual one is what many large companies use today to provide themselves with excellent service! What does “virtual” mean? It means that your company will have its own phone number which you can give out to anyone who wants to contact you or your business!
- The real meaning behind it is: Your Company doesn’t really exist until someone gives you a call! So if you want more customers, this should be first on your list!
- You reach your customers by phone, no matter where they are. This means that your business can exist in many places at the same time! A virtual leased line is great for businesses who want to expand their horizons and this is my advice to you! Never miss it!
- A dedicated one is more expensive than a virtual one, but it offers better quality service. A dedicated line offers top speed when transferring files between two servers (for example: FTP).
- Dedicated lines are good if you depend on high speed internet connection with the nearest server which will be used for all your communications (for example: email).
- It’s also important that you don’t use it too much or else they’ll charge you extra depending on how much bandwidths your company uses per month.
Final Words about Leased Line Connection
The dedicated leased line is more expensive but it offers better quality service. I think the main problem here is that people are always afraid of something new. They don’t understand how to use it! Once you learn to use the right tools for your needs – life will become easier!
Thank you for reading my article about dedicated lines and virtual ones. I hope that now there aren’t any questions left in your minds about this subject.
If you have any other thoughts or opinions, feel free to leave a comment below! Tell us what do you think about leased lines? Any advice for others who want to start their own business? Feel free to share! Thank you so much! 🙂