Though it is essential to make your employees comfortable by providing a safe and protected working environment, at the same time, it can lead you to make a heavy investment. Luckily, the invention of PVC strip doors has made it possible for office owners like you to help provide a low-cost and effective, safe working environment. Moreover, these PVC sheets also help factory owners protect their products from insects, dirt, and pest infestation. They are also helpful in saving on energy bills by mitigating energy losses in a temperature-controlled environment.
But are you aware of the types of PVC clear plastic sheet available in the market and, out of them, which ones will be good for your business? If the answer is ‘no’, then this guide will help you choose the best product for your workspace. But before we move on to the types of strip doors, let’s have a quick look at the benefits of strip doors.
Benefits of Strip Doors
Some of the advantages of using strip doors over conventional separators and mentioned below:
- Economical way to separate two working environments- There are multiple ways to separate two workspaces. The two most popular ways are either installing a conventional door or setting up a strip door. Both will work well in separating the two spaces. But, if you look at the installation cost of both products, you will be shocked to know that strip doors manufactured from clear plastic sheets are way much cheaper than their alternatives.
- Helps to save on energy bills– One of the most critical features of strip doors is that it helps in reducing energy dissipation. That is possible because strip doors only open to the size of the object passing through them. On the other hand, a standard door must be opened fully even if a small thing or a single person has to enter the temperature-controlled space. This feature will help you to maintain the correct temperature even if the doors are being used frequently.
Types of PVC Strip Doors
The type of PVC that will meet your business requirement will hugely depend on where it’s being installed. Some of the significant kinds of PVC strip doors are listed below:
- Polar reinforced strip curtains – These PVC strip doors are mainly used in freezers and storage spaces where the temperature falls to as low as -40 degrees celsius.
- Standard grade strip curtains – These PVC strip doors are used in places where the temperature will not fall below -18 degrees celsius.
- Ribbed strip curtains – These types of strip doors reduce the appearance of scratches on the material. That means they are ideal for areas where heavy traffic is involved and ensure that the visibility of the workers is not compromised.
Apart from the types of PVC strip doors, you will also notice the following ratings are provided for each variety of strip doors. The PVC strip doors or curtains are rated based on the following criteria:
- Thermal Conduction – This is defined by the rate of heat passing through the strip door.
- Tensile Strength – Tensile strength is defined by the amount of stress the PVC door can bear before they tear apart.
- Noise Reduction– These criteria decide the amount of reduction in the decibel that a particular type of strip door can offer.
- UV resistance – This rating helps the user decide if the particular strip doors can be used to prevent harmful ultraviolet rays from entering the workspace.
- Anti-Static – This rating helps the user to understand if that particular type of strip door can be used in areas that contain highly combustible chemicals or substances.
- Flame-Resistance – This rating is used for PVC strip doors that can offer resistance to fire and flames.