The pandemic has shown us the importance of keeping hygiene in check. Moreover, it was shown us how scary something invisible can be.
Thus was made the introduction of masks. It took an entire pandemic to throw light on the uses of masks.
However, a lesser-known fact is the use of the best air pollution masks should have been applicable long before the pandemic itself.
The high rise of pollution in the air has not only injured the environment but also has a significant effect on human lungs.
Many cities have been listed with poor air quality which can cause asthma and respiratory problems.
Air pollution masks should have been adapted. But now that it serves more than one purpose, you can safely understand the need for masks within the bigger picture.
You will notice that masks have helped a lot thus increasing the ability to breathe better.
Dos and don’ts of masks
There are many kinds of air pollution masks available in the market. Along with cloth masks, you will also see people wearing surgical masks on the roads.
But what is the point of the mask should you not take complete advantage of it. Thus, here are some dos and don’ts you should remember about masks:
- Make sure that the mask covers your nose and mouth.
- It should not be too tight and should not loosely hang either.
- Ensure that you can breathe properly
How to clean your mask the right way?
We must take care of everything we own so that we can enjoy them for the longest time. In cases of air pollution masks, you should make sure that you clean them properly so that they can bring you cleaner air to breathe.
Must Read: Best Hair and Hairstyles Tips & Trends 2021
Here are some tips that will help you to keep it nice and fresh:
- Soak the masks in lukewarm water with baby shampoo or detergent
- Keep it for 2-3 hours or you can soak it overnight
- If you notice stubborn stains, mild scrubbing will do the trick
- If you see tiny threads coming out of the mask, it is time to buy a new one
- Keep more than one mask handy
- Ideally, you should wash masks every day after using but you can push it to every alternative day
The best air pollution masks are the only way through which you can protect your lungs and allow filter air to pass through still many of us do not give air pollution masks the credit that it deserves.
Ensure that you keep the masks from touching any surface. It is not only that the germs might contact the masks, but it can also be the other way around.
Hence instead of keeping it on the cupboard or the table, simply hang it over a hook. Ultimately, good hygiene is the only way you can keep yourself healthy therefore remember to wash hands and stay sanitized.