Malwarebytes Error Code 0x804C0015 may be the result of an outdated secondary file. It is possible to download and install Malwarebytes software without any difficulty. If you experience an issue like Malwarebytes won t open then you can call a toll-free number to get help. These types of errors can slow down your system, and cause the system to freeze frequently. It is possible to resolve these issues by using this registry repair tool or by repairing the registry manually.
Error Code 0x804C0015 occurs when Malwarebytes Internet Security fails or crashes while running, hence its name. It doesn’t mean that the code was corrupt in some way, but just that it didn’t work during its run-time. Here are the symptoms, causes, and ways to troubleshoot the problem.
Steps to fix Malwarebytes Error Code 0x804C0015:
Repair Windows Registry Entries Manually:
- Click the Start button in the lower-left corner, and then click the Start button.
- Then type “command” into the search box, then enter while holding CTRL+Shift.
- When asked, click yes to launch Command Prompt and then type “Regedit” where the cursor blinks.
- Press Enter and then select the key that is associated with error code 0x804C0015 and then select the key to backup.
- The file requires you to choose Export in the menu bar, and then choose a location to back up the backup.
- You can type the name of your backup file in the File name field. Select the branch you want to select from the export selection.
- If you want to save your file using an extension of .reg extension, just click on save.
- Thanks! You have made a backup for your Malwarebytes software.
Clear Temporary Documents and Junk Folders
Cleaning by Manually:
- At the beginning hold down the Windows key then press “R” to start the Run dialog box.
- Then type %Temp% in the search box and press Enter.
- Right-click the temporary folder, and then choose Delete from the menu.
- Click Delete, and then click “Yes” to confirm deleting the temporary files.
- Let the deletion process complete, and then restart your system to save any modifications you may have made.
Clean with Disk Cleanup
- Find the Start button in the lower-left corner. Click the button, and then enter the command in the search box.
- Then, using your keyboard, while holding the CTRL+Shift keys press Enter.
- When you click “Yes”, a dialog box asking for permission will appear on your screen.
- Then you need to type “cleanmgr” and press enter. You have to enter where the cursor is blinking.
- Disk Cleanup will begin calculating the amount of disk space that you are able to reclaim.
- The Disk Cleaning dialog will be displayed with several checkboxes that you can select from the dropdown.
- Mostly the “Temporary Files” category will take up the most storage area on the system.
- Check the boxes for the categories you want to delete and select OK or Continue.
Verify Windows Version Update
- To determine if you’re on Windows Update, you’ll need to hit the Start button.
- Enter “update” in the search box. Then enter the key on the keyboard.
- Then a Windows Update dialog box will appear on your screen.
- In case an update is made available, select Install Update and allow the installation process to complete.
If these quick fixes don’t work, you can always back up the files on your computer and run a repair reinstall. However, you can do so later when the solutions listed here did not work. Your problem with your system related to Malwarebytes error code 0x804C0015 should be resolved if you follow the steps. If you need help with Malwarebytes, call the helpline.