You might have noticed an error “potential windows update database error” or windows update database error statement when you are on the way to check windows update or trying to access any potential operating updates.
Updating the operating system is not only the solution of the Potential windows update database error detected issue as there is no researched theory that which processes are affected. Most of the updates, Windows does on its own which avoids several problems but if you have disabled automatic update and then could update your system because of an error.
This article can resolve this issue of yours and end your quest.
These are some of the methods that you can try to fix “Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected”
1. SFC and DISM tools
To use SFC and DISM tools use the guide given below:-
- Click the Windows key + X and choose Command Prompt.
- Type sfc/scannow command and press the Enter button.
- Run sfc/scannow.
- Type the given commands below and hit the Enter button after each of them:
- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Run the DISM command.
- Shutdown Command Prompt and restart your system.
2. Command prompt
These are steps that will help you to access the command prompt:-
- Hit right click on the Windows key and select the command prompt option.
- Then copy and paste the below commands in the command prompt and click enter after every command.
net stop wuauserv> net stop cryptic> net stop bits>net stop msiserver
Ren C:\\Windows\\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
Ren C:\\Windows\\System32\\catroot2 Catroot2.old
net start wuauserv >net start cryptic> net start bits >net start msiserver
- Lastly, use a command prompt
3. Clear folders
To erase folders check out the following instructions:-
- First, go to the C:\\Windows\\SoftwareDistribution\\Download folder and erase everything that has been living inside of it.
- Then, look out for C:\\Windows\\SoftwareDistribution and open it.
- Find the Download the dd middle and erase it.
- Your update should now successfully go through.
4. Restore system
Here is the guide to res, tore the system:-
- First, loom out for the system restore in the windows 10 search function.
- Then, Choose to create a restore point.
- Move to the System Protection tab and then hit the configure button.
- The next step is to open the system restore.
- Hit to turn on system protection.
- With the help of Max, the usage slider assumes how much your hair drive used to store previously.
- Then, hit ok.
- Turn on system restore
Conducting a system restore.
- Open the system properties dialogue box.
- Hit on the system protection tab.
- Click on the system restore button.
- Choose your favourable. Restore point.
- Your PC will run a system restore
5. Healthy and clean boot
For a healthy and clean boot follow the given instructions:-
- In windows search type system configuration hit enter when you get a glimpse of the right option.
- Move to the services tab and mark hide all Microsoft services.
- Turn off all the services.
- Head to disable all that you will find on the bottom right and then hit it.
- Now move to the startup tab and open the task every click on every entry, then hit the disable button
- Shut off the task manager and hit apply then click ok on the system configuration window.
- Restart your PC and look if the Potential windows update database error detected is still popping up.
- Now, if it keeps occurring that means one of these apps is and there are the reasons behind this issue, disable them.
6. Reset Windows operating system
To reset the Windows operating system follow the below-listed instructions:-
- Hit the start button and select Settings.
- Move to the Update and Security section.
- On the left-hand side, you will see Recovery, select it.
- Select Get Started.
- Move to the Recovery section.
- Choose to keep my files.
- Confirm with Reset.
These are some methods that can fix the ” windows update database error windows 10” type of errand which you are facing and couldn’t able to update your system.
If you need more information related to windows update database error to clear your doubts then you must visit to the website Ityug247, this is the platform where you can clear your all doubts even here you can explore your knowledge related to your favorite topic.
recommended: MY TWITTER ACCOUNT IS SUSPENDED! HOW TO UNLOCK