QuickBooks is an excellent accounting software that is equipped with a variety of features. It has become famous among businesses all over the world.
Nevertheless, it is common to encounter some errors in QuickBooks. One such error is QuickBooks Error 6000 77. This error usually arises when the user attempts to open the company file. It is very irritating for the user to encounter an error while trying to do such an essential task.
If you get this error message on your screen “We’re sorry. QuickBooks encountered a problem”, this blog is for you.
Unable to quickly fix the QuickBooks Error 6000 77? Dial 1.855.738.2784 to contact our QuickBooks support team for professional advice and help.
Underlying Causes of QuickBooks Error Message 6000 77
The most common reasons for QuickBooks Error Message 6000 77 are as follows:
- A damaged folder containing the company file is often responsible for this error.
- Sometimes, the corrupt .ND and .TLG files also cause this error.
- If your company file is stored in an external drive, then you may face difficulty in accessing it.
You may read also : QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost
Troubleshooting Methods to Eliminate QB Error 6000 77
Here are the effective methods to rectify QB Error 6000 77:
Method 1: Create a new folder for the company file
You may fail to open the company file if it is stored in a damaged or corrupt folder. To utilize this method, follow these steps:
- Open the C drive on your computer.
- Create a new folder in the C drive. Give this folder a suitable name to easily identify it. For example: QB NEW.
- Now go to the folder where you have kept your company file (.qbw extension).
- You should now right- click on the company file and select the option ‘copy’.
- Now navigate back to the new folder which you have just created.
- You can now ‘paste’ the file in the new folder.
- Select the ‘Properties’ option from the right-click menu on the folder.
- Choose the option ‘Sharing’ and then select the ‘Share Add’ tab.
- Now choose the suitable ‘QBDataServiceUserXX’ version.
- You can select the ‘Full Control’ tab and then hit the ‘Share’ button. It will allow QB to access the company file from the new location.
Method 2: Provide a new name to the .ND and .TLG files
The function of .ND and .TLG files is to enable QuickBooks to access company files in a multi-user mode. You can safely rename these files as no data loss will occur. It is because QuickBooks recreates these files while keeping the data intact.
The process is as follows:
- Navigate the folder where your company file is located.
- Identify the files with the same name as your company file but with the extensions .ND and .TLG. For example: ‘comp_file.qbw.nd’ and ‘comp_file.qbw.tlg’.
- Right- click on each of these files and choose the option ‘Rename’.
- Now type the word ‘.old’ at the end of each file extension and hit ‘Enter’.
For example: ‘comp_file.qbw.nd.old’ and ‘comp_file.qbw.tlg.old’.
- You can now open QB to confirm whether the error is fixed or not.
Method 3: Save the company file locally and then access it
To use this method, follow these steps:
- Go to the QuickBooks icon on your desktop and then right- click on it.
- Press the ‘Ctrl’ key on your keyboard and select the option ‘Run as Administrator’.
- Keep holding the ‘Ctrl’ key until you get the No Company open window.
- Navigate to the ‘File’ menu and select the option ‘Open or Restore Company’.
- Now choose the option ‘Open a company file’ and then click on ‘Next’.
- Choose the ‘Network’ tab and go to your company file location.
- You can now select and open your company file.
We have now reached the end of our blog. In this blog, we discussed the QuickBooks Error 6000 77. We also learned about its causes and the methods to rectify them. You must follow all the steps in the correct sequence to implement each method effectively.
If you require further assistance, feel free to reach out to our experts by dialling 1.855.738.2784 .
Related Search Terms : -77, Error 6000 77Error 6000 77 in QuickBooks, Error 6000 77 While Opening Company File, How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 77, I am Getting QuickBooks Error Code 6000 77
You may read this blog also : Doable steps to rectify Intuit Data Protect Backup Failed issue