QuickBooks is an advanced accounting and bookkeeping software that has captured a vast segment of companies worldwide. It has been widely acclaimed for its user-friendly tools and reasonable cost.
The QuickBooks Update Error 12031 occurs when the user tries to update the QB desktop to a new version. Furthermore, this error can also get triggered while downloading the latest payroll updates.
This error appears on the screen because of disconnection of the QB desktop with the server due to incorrect Internet and firewall settings.
If you are also confronting this error, read this blog till the end to get some quick solutions.
To resolve QuickBooks Update Error 12031 in the quickest way, you can dial 1-855-948-3646 to contact our QuickBooks support team straightaway.
Major Factors Responsible for the QB Error Message 12031
Among the many factors responsible for the QB Error Message 12031, the prominent ones are as follows:
- The most common reason for this error is the incorrect configuration of the Internet Explorer and firewall settings. It can block the downloading of the updates.
- If the Internet Explorer is not your default browser, this error can get triggered.
- Antivirus applications on your system can also hamper the downloading of the QB updates. This is one of the major reasons for QB Error 12031.
You may read also : QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159
Effective Methods to Rectify the QB Error Code 12031
Some of the reliable methods to eliminate the QB Error Code 12031 are as follows:
Method 1: Ensure that the Internet Explorer is your default browser and execute the TLS 1.2 Utility
You should navigate to the official website of the Intuit and download the TLS 1.2 Utility on your system. By running this tool, you can ensure security over your internet connection.
Furthermore, you should make sure that the Internet Explorer (IE) is your default browser. If it is not the default browser, follow these steps:
- Open the IE browser on your computer and tap on the ‘Gear Icon’ located in the top-right corner on your screen.
- You should now strike on the ‘Internet Options’ tab and hit the ‘Programs’ option.
- Identify the ‘Default Web Browser’ tab from the list and click on it.
- You should now hit the ‘Make Default’ button to make IE your default browser.
- Now click on the ‘OK’ tab to save the changes made in the IE browser.
You can now try to update your QB desktop. If you are unable to do so, proceed to the following method.
Method 2: Make your Internet Explorer (IE) settings correct to rectify this error
- You should open the IE browser on your system and click on the ‘Tools’ option.
- Navigate to the ‘Internet Options’ tab and proceed to hit the ‘Security’ option. Choose the ‘Globe Icon’ to ensure that the security is at the ‘Medium-high’ level.
- Now proceed to the ‘Connections’ tab and choose the ‘Never dial a connection’ option in case you are not using the dial up node on your computer.
- However, you can choose ‘ISP’ if you are using the dial up node.
- Tap the ‘OK’ button and proceed to the ‘LAN Settings’ tab to ensure that the ‘automatically detect settings’ checkbox is checked.
- Verify the ‘Use a proxy server’ checkbox and if the port is port 80, uncheck the checkbox. Otherwise, check that checkbox and hit the ‘OK’ tab.
- You should now click on the ‘Advanced’ tab and navigate to the ‘Restore Advanced Settings’ option.
- Hit the ‘Settings’ tab and ensure that the ‘Use TLS 1.2’ checkbox is checked.
- You can now hit the ‘OK’ tab to save the changes made to the IE settings.
If the error still exists, you can move on to the following method.
Method 3: Eliminate this error by clean installing the QB desktop on your system
- You should tap the ‘Windows + R’ keys on the keyboard to open the Run command on your computer.
- Now enter the ‘msconfig’ in the search field and press the ‘OK’ button.
- You should now proceed to the ‘General’ tab in the window and check the ‘Selective Startup’ and the ‘Load System Services’ checkboxes.
- Navigate to the ‘Services’ tab and choose the ‘Hide all Microsoft Services’ option in the window.
- Tap on the ‘Disable All’ button and ensure that the ‘Hide all Microsoft services’ checkbox is unchecked.
- At the same time, make sure that the ‘Windows Installer’ checkbox is checked and hit the ‘OK’ button.
- You should now restart your computer and clean install the QB desktop.
You have now a good insight into the QuickBooks Update Error 12031. It is essential to utilize each solution in the correct sequence to quickly rectify this error.
For further assistance, you can dial 1-855-948-3646 to contact our QuickBooks Support Team.
You may read also : QuickBooks Payroll not working