QuickBooks is premier accounting software, offering the best and most affordable automation support to small and mid-sized firms and freelancers. It turns cumbersome tasks into efficient and optimal activities, cutting costs, unnecessary time, and errors for the firm. However, despite the seamlessness of the application, frequently occurring errors and glitches form a bad impression on users. No matter how advanced the technology is, preventing issues from occurring like QuickBooks update error 15270 is challenging. However, effective resolutions are available to diagnose and repair the situation.
The update error 15270 in QuickBooks indicates an unsuccessful attempt at downloading the payroll update. Since payroll constitutes a significant part of a business’s functioning, firms cannot tolerate these errors. Thus, users troubled with the issue can keep reading the segment for in-depth answers about the error and how to resolve it. They can also avail themselves of additional assistance and guidance by contacting our QuickBooks experts.
What Does Update Error Code 15270 Signify?
When downloading the latest payroll updates, users can encounter update error code 15270. It signifies a blockage in downloading the payroll update. This common error gets triggered due to various reasons. It is crucial to fix the issue as soon as possible to prevent it from hampering productivity.
Thus, fixing the issue requires knowing why the error emerges. The underlying reasons behind the error popping up are as follows:
- The QuickBooks installation process might not be complete, leading the error to emerge.
- Internet Explorer might not be the default browser, triggering a 15270 error.
- The user account settings might be on, resulting in such issues.
- QuickBooks program files may be corrupt or improper, causing problems in its running.
- The update files may not get downloaded completely.
- Users may not have entered the service key.
- A firewall may be blocking the QuickBooks program from running seamlessly.
- Poor internet connection also contributes to triggering error 15270.
The QuickBooks error 15270 causes the active programs to crash. While running similar programs, the entire system may shut, freeze, or stop responding to instructions.
Critical Points to Avoid the Error
Before proceeding with the resolution methods, users must try the following ways to avoid getting infected by the error:
- It will be easy to download the update file. Users must confirm it by clicking the ‘update complete tab at the end.
- Users must start the QB application and apply necessary changes according to their needs.
- There must be an updated and authentic QuickBooks version to avoid the error.
- Another way is to reboot the system and visit QuickBooks update service Window. Then, click on the install later option to handle such errors.
Ways to Resolve Error 15270 While Installing Payroll Updates
Users must create a backup company file to prevent data loss. The following resolution methods are available to users to fix error 15270 while installing payroll updates:
Way 1: Manually Updating QuickBooks Payroll
The first method involves updating QuickBooks manually. It begins as follows:
- Restart the QB application and hit the Update service button. Click on the install later option from there.
- Then, move to the help icon and select the update QuickBooks option. Hit the update now button from this tab.
- Click on OK to confirm the reset update. When the update process completes, the Get updates option activates. An update complete pop-up message appears on the screen following this procedure. Finish it by restarting the QuickBooks application.
- If you encounter the ‘QuickBooks update service’ message again, hit the install now option. Then, locate and select the Employees tab and hit the Get payroll updates option.
- Re-install the payroll updates, choose to download the entire payroll update, and hit the update option.
Way 2: Turn the User Account Control (UAC) Off
The second method involves turning the UAC off by executing the following steps:
- Launch the Run box by pressing Windows and R keys together. Enter Control Panel in this command and click OK.
- Go to User Accounts > User Accounts > and choose Çhange user account control settings. Here, move the slider to ‘Never Notify’ and press OK.
Way 3: Run Reboot.bat File
This method re-registers QuickBooks files with ‘.DLL’ and ‘.OCX’ extensions in Microsoft Windows. It includes the following steps:
- Turn the QuickBooks Desktop off and open the folder containing the reboot.bat file. Then, click on Properties by right-clicking on the QuickBooks icon.
- Next, hit the Open file location and right-click on the reboot.bat file. Choose to run as administrator.
- A window emerges containing the file names and automatically closes on finishing the process.
Way 4: Configure Quick Fix My Program
Users must download the QuickBooks Tool Hub to resolve errors through this method.
- Move to the Downloads window by pressing Ctrl + J keys. Then, double-click on QuickBooksToolHub.exe. Follow the on-screen instructions to finish installing the Tool Hub.
- Then, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub from the device and navigate to the program problems tab.
- Here, hit the Quick Fix My Program option.
- The process takes time to complete and requires rebooting the QuickBooks Desktop to see the changes. Later, if the user encounters a QuickBooks update message, hit the install now button.
Way 5: Conduct a clean installation of QuickBooks Desktop
With the help of clean install utility tools, users can fix the issue and resolve the error. It involves uninstalling QB software. Then, rename the folders and reinstall the application to see whether the error has gotten resolved.
Way 6: Verify Incorrect Identification Number
The QuickBooks error 15270 appears when a user enters an incorrect identification number. Hence, it is critical to ensure accurate and valid employee identification number gets entered into the application to prevent such errors from appearing. Along with the EIN, users must also check the social security number and QuickBooks service key.
QuickBooks update error 15270 can become a real challenge if it does not get resolved on time. These resolution methods offer relief to users by quickly fixing the issue. However, if the issue persists, users must contact our QB experts at the 1-855-948-3646 for additional guidance.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Won’t Update Payroll