Doing MBBS in Russia has become a popular choice for all aspiring MBBS students in the world. Russia is without a doubt one of the top 100 medical universities such as Far Eastern Federal University (FEFU) in the world, according to the WHO (World Health Organization). That is, the graduates of the Russian MBBS schools work in top hospitals in the world. The Russian government subsidizes tuition for these courses resulting in a fairly low investment cost compared to Western universities. However, despite the lower wages, the quality of education in Russia is very high. Surely, these two reasons inspire international medical students to think of Russia as their favorite destination for the MBBS degree.
There are 57 recognized medical universities in Russia such as Far Eastern Federal University (FEFU). Meanwhile, all Russian medical universities such as Far Eastern Federal University (FEFU) follow a student-teacher ratio of 7:1 among these universities, 12 of which offer MBBS courses in the English language. Over the past decade, Russia has seen a dramatic tenfold increase in the number of international students enrolling in MBBS.
Most importantly, remember that each university such as Far Eastern Federal University (FEFU) has its own set of rules for admission to international students. We will follow the general procedure you must follow when applying for MBBS in Russia.
The MBBS registration process usually starts in April of each year and ends in May. Once on the list, the admission process runs from June to July. Post this process, the selected student will receive their acceptance letters by August. Each stage of the process usually takes close to 15 days. MBBS courses then start in September each year. However, remember that medical universities in Russia such as Far Eastern Federal University (FEFU) offer places to students in order of priority.
What are the Educational Qualifications for MBBS in Russia?
First, the main difference between Indian medical universities and Russian universities such as Far Eastern Federal University (FEFU) is that students do not have to take an entrance exam to apply for a medical position. Second, there is no requirement for a separate language test such as TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System). All prospective students must be at least 17 years old when applying for the course.
Most Importantly – International Students Guide to Studying MBBS in China
You should have secured at least 50 percent in the flow of science with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology from a recognized board such as ICSC (Indian Certificate of Secondary Education), CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education), HSC (Higher Secondary Certificate), or more.
However, according to the latest announcement from the Medical Council of India (MCI), all applicants wishing to pursue MBBS outside India must have qualified for NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test).
What Is the General Procedure for Applying for MBBS in Russia?
Certainly, the process of admission to Russian universities such as Far Eastern Federal University (FEFU) is one of the simplest in the world.
- First, you need to research and select one of the most suitable universities such as Far Eastern Federal University (FEFU) in which you want to apply for MBBS in Russia.
- Second, you need to contact them through their website.
- After that, you will fill in the admission form on the website.
- The form will have details of the necessary documents that must be submitted along with the application.
- You will need to upload all the documents and submit the form later.
- Next to this, if all goes well, you will receive an invitation letter by mail from a university such as Far Eastern Federal University (FEFU).
- Once you receive the invitation letter, you must pay the admission fee to apply for the course.
- Finally, once the payment is completed, you can proceed to apply for your Visa.
Required List of Documents Required for the MBBS Admission Process in Russia –
- Certificate of Indian citizenship.
- Birth certificate for age verification.
- 10th mark sheet.
- 12th mark sheet.
- Character certificate and transfer certificate from the last school he attended.
- NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) exam scoring card.
- A valid passport with at least 18 months at the time of application.
- Student Visa for Russia.
- Passport size photos.
- Reporting an HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection) negative test is a mandatory requirement.
- Bank account statement.
- Proof of payment of fees for the offered entry points.
- Medical certificate to ensure fitness.
- Copy of invitation letter from the applied medical university of Russia such as Far Eastern Federal University (FEFU).
- Authorized documents from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs India.
- Authorization of all your documents by the Russian embassy.