QuickBooks is a bookkeeping program that was by Intuit. QuickBooks has all the needed, including editions such as General company, wholesale, , retail, and non-profit, smooth business. activities, but sometimes it is also prone to multiple errors. One common error is ‘QuickBooks Error H202′ which usually happens when a user tries to switch to multi-user mode.
“ Looking for the gifted asset to fix the QuickBooks Error H202 Dial 1.855.738.2784 for instant help and assistance from certified QuickBooks Desktop Experts.”
What is QuickBooks Error H202, and Why accomplishes it Transpire?
When a user tries to open the company file in multi-user mode than ‘QuickBooks error H202’ may appear on your desktop screen, this error will stop QuickBooks to perform any given task. To know the cause behind this error make sure to understand the complete procedure given below. However, if you think that you need an expert or certified professional to help you fix the error. You can contact us at our toll-free number i.e. 1.855.738.2784
Note: Database Server Manager doesn’t support Network Attached Storage (NAS).
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error H202
- The Error H202 will pop up repeatedly on the screen
- You won’t be able to open or access the company file on other computers
- QuickBooks Desktop software starts freezing
- You cannot switch to multi-user mode
Recommended to read: QuickBooks PDF and Print Repair Tool
How to Fix QuickBooks Error H202 with Simple Methods?
Method-1 Run the QuickBooks database server manager on the server.
Step-1 Download and Install QuickBooks Tools Hub on your server
- Close QuickBooks, and download the most recent version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Open the downloaded file named (QuickBooksToolHub.exe)
- Follow the steps that appear on the screen to install, after agreeing to the T&C
- After installation completes, double-click the tool hub icon to open the tool hub
Step-2 From the QuickBooks Tool Hub, run the QuickBooks Database Manager
- Now from the Tools Hub, select Network Issues
- Select the Database Server Manager. (If you haven’t installed QuickBooks on your server, you will be asked to install it)
- Inside the Database Server Manager, click on Start Scan. If your company files aren’t displayed then browse to the location of your company and Start Scan.
- Now the QuickBooks Database Server Manager will start repairing your firewall permissions automatically.
- After the scan finishes, click on Close
- Open the QuickBooks software on each workstation where you’re seeing the QuickBooks Error H202
. If your Workstations start running in multi-user mode without any issue, then everything is fixed.
Method-2 Checking the running services on the server
- Please note that your server is running on your server computer.
- Press the Windows + R key on your keyboard to open the ‘Run’ dialogue box.
- Type “services. MSC” into the Run window, and afterward press Enter.
- Here search for QuickBooksDBXX and double-click on it.
- From the General tab go for Startup type and select ‘Automatic’
- Make sure that the Service status is either Running or Started.
- Click on the Recovery tab
- On the recovery, tab scroll down and select Restart the Service for every drop-down menu: First failure, Second failure, and Subsequent failures.
- Click on Apply and then press OK to save the settings and exit.
Now open QuickBooks on each workstation. Connect on the File menu and choose Switch to Multi-user mode. If everything starts correctly, then the problems have been fixed.
Method-3 Give Required Permissions to QBCFMonitorService services
Sometimes QuickBooksDBXX and QBCFMonitorService services didn’t get the needed permission to run the software on your server computer. To access company files in the multi-user mode, you need to give the required Windows permissions to the folders. When you’re done, open QuickBooks on your workstation or on the server computer.
Method-4 Configure The Windows Firewall Settings on your server computer.
Method-5 Ping The Server From Each Workstation
- Press Windows + R to open the Run command.
- Type CMD in the Run window, and then press enter.
- Here, type “ping_[your server name],” and press enter.
Repeat these steps on each workstation where you’re getting the error H202.
Are you satisfied with the given above solutions, if not and you are still unable to switch to multi-user mode because of QuickBooks Error H202? Then feel free to contact our certified QuickBooks experts at 1.855.738.2784.
You may also read: Advantages of QuickBooks Data Recovery Service