QuickBooks is known for its advanced features, which make accounting easy for users. It allows users to connect with the bank and download transactions, which comes as a great help for users. With these features, users don’t have to download transactions manually. But, sometimes, while downloading transactions, users face QuickBooks download problem. When the error triggers, users get a message, “We’re fixing our connection to this bank as quickly as possibl. Try updating again next day.” The error mainly occurs due to a problem with the Internet connection. Through this article, we will brief you on causes and troubleshooting solutions to resolve QuickBooks direct connect chase error, so stay connected until the end.
Do you require technical assistance to resolve QuickBooks Download problem? Call us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 and get assistance from the QuickBooks support team
Reasons why you come across QuickBooks Direct Connect Chase error
Down below are the major reasons for download problems in QuickBooks:
- The Internet connection is not stable.
- QuickBooks Online account setup was not done correctly.
- The bank’s servers are down or under maintenance.
- The bank has changed its services.
By now, you have understood the root cause of the error. Go through the solutions given in the troubleshooting section to resolve the error permanently.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 1606
Solutions to Rectify QuickBooks Chase not syncing error
Before proceeding to the fixes, generate a backup and update QuickBooks to the latest version:
- Open QuickBooks, go to the File menu, and select Switch to Single-user mode.
- Click the File menu again, choose Backup Company, and select Create Local Backup.
- In the Backup window, choose Local Backup and select Next.
- From the Local backup Only section, click Browse and choose a location where you want to save the backup file.
- Click OK, then Save it now to save backup and select Next.
Next, get the latest update of the QuickBooks program:
- Close all open company files, then quit the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Open the Windows Start menu, right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon and choose the Run as administrator option.
- Wait till the No Company Open window opens, select the Help menu, and click Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Choose the Options tab, select Mark All and click the Save button.
- Select the Update Now tab, tick the Reset Update checkbox and click the Get Updates button.
Now, implement the troubleshooting solutions given below.
Solution 1. Update Banking in QuickBooks Online manually
- Login to the QuickBooks Online account and click Banking from the dashboard.
- Select the bank account you want to update. When the ‘Your Chase Bank connection is getting an update’ message appears, click Update.
- After receiving the pop-up, verify the second step of verification within 2 minutes and click Continue to update the account.
Solution 2. Check selected account in QuickBooks
- Log in to your QuickBooks Online chase account, move to the right corner of the screen and choose Profile and Settings.
- Select the Account Safe option and then scroll down.
- Choose the Linked Apps and Websites option and then click the arrow next to the QuickBooks icon.
- When the list of selected accounts appears, check that the account you want to connect with QuickBooks is selected.
- If no account is selected, add the account from the list.
Solution 3. Try to import transactions manually
- In QuickBooks, select Bookkeeping and then Transactions.
- Go to Banking and select the account you want to export transactions into, and click the Link account dropdown.
- Select Upload from the file and click Browse.
- Choose the file you downloaded from the bank and click Next.
- Go to the QuickBooks account dropdown and choose the account you want to upload transactions into, and click Next.
- Now, match the columns on the file with the correct fields and click Next.
- Choose the transaction you want to import, click Next, and then Yes.
- Finally, click Let’s go.
Solution 4. Make use of the Verify/Rebuild Utility
- In QuickBooks, click the File menu and choose Utilities.
- Select Verify Data. If QuickBooks does not detect any problem, no other action is needed. If the ‘Your data has lost integrity’ message appears, run Rebuild Data.
- While running the Rebuild Data, you will be prompted to backup data.
- The tool will start as soon as the backup completes, and once it finishes, you will get a message ‘Rebuild has completed.’
- Check for the remaining data damage by running Verify Data again.
Solution 5. Use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool from the Tool Hub
- You need to close the company file and quit the QuickBooks Desktop application so you can download QuickBooks Tool Hub from your browser.
- After downloading the setup file, save it somewhere you can easily find and open it.
- Follow the steps you see on the screen and agree to the terms and conditions to install QuickBooks Tool Hub successfully.
- After finishing the installation, double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon on your Windows to open the tool hub.
- Within the tool hub, choose Company File Issues and click Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Scroll the drop-down, choose your company file and select the middle Check your file option.
- Select Continue, enter the QuickBooks admin password, and then select Next.
- Let the tool scan the company file, then open QuickBooks and the company file.
Solution 6. View bank or credit card website
- Select the QuickBooks Online banking menu, click Link account and search for your bank.
- Choose your bank, copy the URL, and login into your bank or credit card website.
This article has covered the most reliable solutions to fix the QuickBooks download problem. We hope you find it effective. If you face any difficulty, connect with the QuickBooks technical support team for assistance by calling us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 .
You may read also : QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error