QuickBooks is used widely by small, medium, and large size businesses. It fulfills users’ accounting needs with advanced features. But, there are some issues that lead to QuickBooks won’t open error. This usually happens when QuickBooks program files are damaged or corrupted. Sometimes, clicking the QuickBooks icon multiple times causes QuickBooks to open with a blank screen. The good thing is we can resolve the issue easily by following a few troubleshooting steps. Read the complete article to learn about causes and troubleshooting procedures to resolve QuickBooks Desktop won’t open error.
If you need immediate assistance from the QuickBooks support team for QuickBooks won’t open error, dial +1 800-579-9430 and talk to them
Reasons why you are facing trouble opening QuickBooks
Following are several factors that cause trouble opening company file and QuickBooks. We have listed some most prominent of them below:
- Your QuickBooks program is damaged and needs repair.
- QuickBooks Desktop installation is faulty and incomplete.
- There are some program issues with QuickBooks.
- Some crucial program and installation files are damaged.
Fixing QuickBooks Desktop won’t open error with Tested Methods
Method 1. Download QB Tool Hub and put Quick Fix my Program to use
The Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tool Hub will repair the program by replacing all damaged installation files and running a quick repair on the program.
- Exit QuickBooks, open the browser and download the setup file of the latest QuickBooks Tool Hub version.
- We suggest saving the download QuickBooksToolHub.exe file somewhere you can easily access, like your Windows Desktop or the Downloads folder.
- Move to the location where you saved the file, double-click the downloaded file to open it, and follow the instructions given on the screen.
- Next, you need to tick the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox to install the QuickBooks Tool Hub completely.
- Once the installation completes, the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon will be visible on your Windows Desktop.
- Double-click the icon to open the tool hub and move to the Program Problems tab.
- Choose Quick Fix my Program and wait for the tool to resolve program issues within QuickBooks.
- When Quick Fix my Program finishes, close and reopen QuickBooks.
- Sign in to the company file and check if the issue is resolved.
You may also read this article :- QBDBMgrN not running on this computer
Method 2. From the QuickBooks Tool Hub, put Install Diagnostic tool to use
- In QuickBooks Tool Hub, go to the Installation Issues tab and click QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Wait for the tool to resolve installation issues. It can take around 20 minutes to complete the repair.
- Once the Install Diagnostic tool finishes, restart your workstation and reopen QuickBooks.
- Now, try to open your company file.
If running QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool doesn’t fix the error, try the next solution.
Method 3. Suppress your QuickBooks program
- Tap and hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard and double-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- Keep holding the Ctrl key until the No Company Open window appears.
- Choose your company file and select the Open option.
Method 4. From the QuickBooks Tool Hub, use the Clean Install Tool
- Get a new installer file of the QuickBooks version you use.
- Keep your license number handy and note down your product year.
- Now, remove QuickBooks from the device:
- Click the Start menu, open Control Panel, and select Programs and Features.
- Choose the QuickBooks Desktop version from the list of installed applications you are having an issue.
- Click Uninstall/Change and follow the prompt steps to uninstall it completely.
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub again if closed and choose Installation Issues.
- Click Clean Install Tool and then OK.
- Choose your QuickBooks version and the product version, then select Continue.
- When the message ‘Please install your copy of QuickBooks to the default location’ message prompts, click OK.
- When the Clean Install Tool completes, you can reinstall QuickBooks Desktop.
If QuickBooks Clean Install Tool doesn’t work, rename the QuickBooks Desktop installation folders manually.
It’s time to conclude our article on QuickBooks won’t open error. We hope this helps you resolve the issue permanently. If the error continues, call us on our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430 and get direct consultation from the certified QuickBooks expert’s team.
Related article :- How to Successfully Eliminate QuickBooks Error 6190?